Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meward Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 05:44 PM
    Painting by Susan Day, anyone familiar?
    I have a framed painting signed by Susan Day, appears to be watercolor. It is of a woman laying down, partially nude. There is a number on the back that reads:
    G5-DO
    W25P

I am having a hard time finding information on a painter named Susan Day.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 05:11 AM

Yes, I did a search of sorts and nothing came up with that artist's name. There are many artists, neward, most of them unknown.

Tick
    walthenning Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 10:17 AM
    I have oil painting by susan day, 29x24, in large gilt frame, Mary holding baby Jesus & sparrow.

I was told at a Baltimoe antique shop, she dates back to early 1900's.
    edshada Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Apr 29, 2010, 08:57 PM
    She is an artist out of a town near McMinnville, Oregon. She is painting a lot of vineyards, is being displayed in at least one vineyard and her work is quite good. I just purchased 2 of her paintings and highly recommend her work. Her pieces have also been selected as posters for a couple of events in wine country. She is a delightful person.
    BMooney Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Sep 5, 2011, 12:23 AM
    Meward, did you find out anything about your painting? I have a similar painting, except the woman is kneeling with her back turned beside a vase or urn, also partially nude, her hair up in a loose bun, a very beautiful painting in shades of creams, browns, tans and whites that is signed by a Susan Day. On the back there are 3 different numbers, one in pen, one in red marker and one in pencil.
    0500 (pen)
    288 (red marker)
    AL56 or AC56 (pencil)
    The Susan Day Edshada is talking about is a different Susan Day. I can not find a thing about this artist or even where to get more of her work. It is an amazing painting and I would love to learn more about it.

Sep 6, 2011, 08:29 PM
    I have not found more information. I did this inquiry for a friend that had the painting. It is so log abo now that I can't even remember what friend it is! I've been tyring to rack my brain to figure it out but so far not luck in remembering what friend this was. :( I can still envision the painting in my mind though!

Sep 29, 2011, 06:09 PM
    If you can remember the friend and perhaps if they still have the painting, I am in need of one for a blank wall in our new home :-D
    Here is a picture of the painting we have.

Sep 29, 2011, 06:17 PM
    If you can remember the friend and perhaps if they still have the painting, I am in need of one for a blank wall in our new home :-D
    Here is a picture of the painting we have. Please ignore the icky yellow numbers I didn't want to be bothered with when taking the picture for a friend.

Sep 30, 2011, 11:03 AM
    I will keep on trying to see if I can figure out who that was. I sent texts to darn near everyone I can think of! :) Will keep trying!
    NetReacher Posts: 14, Reputation: 7

Nov 24, 2011, 12:56 PM
    I have had this Susan Day partial nude since 2006, a gift from a friend that found it in garbage. Her signature is very similar as image shown above. No date or markings on verso of canvas. I reside in Belleville, Ontario.

Nov 24, 2011, 01:00 PM
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/netreacher/6396085271/in/photostream/lightbox/
    Expert

Nov 24, 2011, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NetReacher View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/netreacher/6396085271/in/photostream/lightbox/
    What specifically does this mean ? Does it help the OP ?

Tick

Nov 24, 2011, 02:32 PM
    For @tick

As a newbie, I tried to attach the URL on first answer to no avail. The URL is where the image of this painting is located.

Trying to help BMooney on their quest to own another of Susan Day's work.

Regards

NetReacher

Expert

Nov 24, 2011, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NetReacher View Post
    For @tick

As a newbie, I tried to attach the URL on first answer to no avail. The URL is where the image of this painting is located.

Trying to help BMooney on their quest to own another of Susan Day's work.

regards

NetReacher
    Thanks NEt for clarifying that. Just don't want to open up n unqualified URL, but check date or original post. OP may not be around any longer. Thanks for your input !

Nov 24, 2011, 11:55 PM
    I'm still around!! Thank you thank you thank you! That is indeed the same artist! Christmas came early for me this year hehe, thank you again NetResearcher! Would love more information on this artist but I will take what I can get!
    Expert

Nov 25, 2011, 05:52 AM
    Maybe Net should stick around and help us out with this CATEGORY.

Nov 25, 2011, 11:07 AM
    BMooney et. al.

Glad to be of assistance. My sister recently passed away and she had about a third of my father's paintings that finally came to me. He was a Master Sign Painter that learned his trade in the 1920s. His application of gold leaf was amazing and tiny tid-bits of his gold leaf work can still be seen in the area. I also worked with him on Victorian restorations, local Museums etc. He also re-stored the ceiling of St. Michael's Church in Belleville, ON as well as the Cathedral in Kingston, ON.

St. Michael's above altar with gold-leaf:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/netreacher/2708103957

Anyway, the painting of Susan Day's has to go and is up for sale as I still have Dad's paintings to hang.

Let me know if you would like it.

Regards

Vince (A.K.A. NetReacher)

Nov 25, 2011, 06:26 PM
    @BMooney:

Breaking News! More info re: Susan Day.

My friend indicates to me that this painting was an item that was given to him from his brother 12-15 years ago.

Susan Day is/was an artist from Northern Ontario and was a friend of his brother's common law wife Leann.

My friend had a conversation with both his brother and Leann and at that time (some 15 years ago) and the artist was still alive at that point.

You may be very pleased to know that this "Leann" lives next door to us here. We will get in touch with her and I will post here in next day or so. My email address should be available here if anyone is interested to contact me personally.

I hope this helps a bit more, (sure surprised me when my friend told me this),
    Regards

NetReacher

Nov 27, 2011, 09:58 AM
    BMooney et. al.

Leann said she first met the artist Susan Day in Scarborough, Ontario at a "Starving Artist" convention 30 years ago when she bought the painting for her new home. Apparently the artist and Leann lived in the same area of Northern Ontario and they became acquaintances. She also said that she thinks the artist is still alive. We will attempt to find her, but many years have passed.

Regards

Net

Nov 29, 2011, 01:51 PM
    Vince AKA Net,
    You've been an angel! It's truly awesome to finally get some kind of direction after hours upon hours of looking for anything with remotely the same style or signature. The painting you have is beautiful! But I'm afraid to say, it's a bit more graphic than what we were looking for to grace the walls of the living room. :-(
    I'll keep working on the hubby for perhaps a bedroom painting, hehe, despite his "One room at a time" commandment.
    Again Net I can not thank you enough for all of the work and updates that you've given us! Thank you thank you thank you so much again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have anyone use Youthful Essence Microdermabrasion System by Susan Lucci?or know of any [ 5 Answers ]

Have anyone use Youthful Essence Personal Microdermabrasion System by Susan Lucci?. what do it do for the skin?. or do anyone know of a better Microdermabrasion system that works?. I have a lot of white heads on my Nose and was wondering if this can help and also my skin is kind of...

Movie Quote (I think?) Desperate Seeking Answer (not Susan) [ 1 Answers ]

:p Does anyone know where this quote comes from?? "I wanted to shout it off a mountain top, but I didn't have a moutain top I had a camera" __________________

Look familiar- [ 11 Answers ]

Can you read this? fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid, too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe tuo fo 100 anc. i cdnuolt...

View more questions Search