Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DelJer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 04:24 PM
    Christmas assistance
    Other than the Salvation Army, where can our family apply for Christmas Help. I've used the Salvation Army before and it's difficult without transportation which makes it very unorganized and time consuming. I have a 14 year old son who is doing well in school and we live in a neighborhood where our bikes have been stolen. I'm on disability and it's hard for my wife, and 2 son's on that fixed income and assistance is greatly appreciated.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 23, 2009, 04:31 PM

Can you give us a little hint where about you live so we can assist you better with some suggestions.

Tick
    veronica416 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 02:08 PM
    Ask the school. Schools can help with many things but they don't always know who needs the help. This year my kids' school is helping us with Thanksgiving AND Christmas.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2009, 08:49 PM

Also the religious group that you belong to,
    Also the local united way, and many religious groups.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Nov 19, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Also the religious group that you belong to,
    Also the local united way, and many religious groups.
    A lot of religious groups also don't require the people they help to believe in god, or at least the ones near me don't. So don't worry if you aren't religious, though if they do help you out, try to give back to the church one way or another
    lightalife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 12:25 PM
    Holiday\Christmas Help

If you are in need of help this holiday season and are anywhere in the Philadelphia\PA area or suburbs please go to www.lightalife.net and fill out a story. We are giving away a Christmas meal with presents for the family, a Christmas tree with all the ornaments and lights and a thanksgiving meal. Please I encourage you to go to the site and fill out a story and we will do our best to help you this holiday season! God Bless and Happy Holidays! Www.lightalife.net

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tell us what you got for christmas [ 25 Answers ]

Get any good gifts? Did you get what you asked for or was it a complete surprise?

No Christmas together [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I both in our middle fifties. We haven't been get on well for several years and have not live together for almost a year due to his work, but had always spent xmas together. Recently he make some excuse not want to spent coming xmas with me and our disabled daughter. When I...

It's Christmas [ 23 Answers ]

And I know we're all wondering if we should call our exs to wish them a merry christmas. For me... I really miss my ex and want to hear her voice. I just need some people to tell me how stupid I am and shouldn't do it.. OH, MERRY XMAS TO EVERYBODY!! I HOPE NO CONTACT IS GOING WELL FOR YOU GUYS.

Christmas and PC [ 9 Answers ]

In Britain, we are hearing on the radio that 3/4 of all employers in the UK do not allow Christmas decorations to be put up for fear of offending other religions. As an atheist who enjoys Christmas for the giving and merriment, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I would like to...

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

View more questions Search