Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eyes3824 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 06:35 PM
    Hi. My 14yr old Doxy had 2 ruptured discs 5 yrs ago. He went in the day before Thanksgiving for the surgery and I took him home the day after Thanksgiving. By Monday of the next week, he was up and running around almost better than he did before. One thing that I was asked to do was PT on his back legs. So 3-4 times a day, I would move his little legs around just trying to speed up the healing process. It worked!! He was on NO pain meds. So, here it is 5 yrs later and besides getting old and grey, he is doing just fine.:)
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 6, 2006, 10:44 PM
    Gosh it is so sad to hear about all these little dogs with such bad back problems. I wish you all the best with your little guys. It's odd how certain breeds are prone to certain ailments.
    I'm curious if anyone has tried or been recommended chondroitin /glucosamine for their pups. My rotties had hip issues and I swear by the stuff>

And before anyone jumps on me.. I realise the OP is from 2004 but obviously people are still having the same issues. So don't flog me for posting in a year old thread :D
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2006, 04:54 AM
    This thread should have been broken up already!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Daschund Puppy Chewing Problems... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 7mo. Old Daschund puppy. He is the sweetest dog, but he has a MAJOR chewing problem. He has no less than six toys, gets treats twice a day, and has adapted pretty well to potty training. Unfortunately, he chews on other things as well... - carpet - baseboards (he chewed it until...

New Daschund [ 11 Answers ]

Me and my wife received a new 2 year old Daschund on Monday. Her name is Ginger and she is very sweet. I have had other dogs growing up, but this is my first Daschund. I don't know exactly what's wrong with her, but she was spaded this past Wednesday and given her vaccinations. Do most female...

Daschund problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old daschund. She is the BEST dog in every way but she has a problem with peeing in the house. Particularly on our bed. I love having her sleep with us, but I cannot endure the peeing any longer. I have also had problems with crate training her. She poops and pees in her crate....

Mini Daschund Bladder Problems [ 2 Answers ]

My year old mini daschund has been holding his urine for long periods. When he does go he goes a lot. Sometimes he will start walking away while he is still peeing. He is also peeing unexpectedly when he never used too. Any suggestions?+

Mini-Daschund w/ ear problems [ 1 Answers ]

We brought home a 1 year old mini-daschund about 2 months ago. He is great, but about 2 days ago he started scratching his ears and rubbing them on the carpet and whining. I have cleaned the edges out with Q-tips and was able to clean out some brown gunk, but although he was very still, I was...

View more questions Search