Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    america9804 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2004, 11:46 AM
    Bankruptcy chap 7
    I am dept in debt and unemployed and unable to pay about 20.000 dollars in credit card and loans. What is my best option to get rid of these debts and be able to answer my phone? I am 62 years old and am not worried about bad credit in the future. Help
    Debt_Settlement Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Aug 6, 2004, 11:55 AM
    Bankruptcy chap 7
    I think you have a couple of choices.

1. Do nothing. If you have no assets that can be attached (cash in the bank, a car that is free and clear, equity in your home, etc.) then there is nothing that your creditors can do to hurt you.

2. File bankruptcy. Personally, I think bankruptcy should be the absolute last choice. It will put many of your problems behind you but will cost you some money for attorneys and will require you to make a full and complete disclosure of everything you own.

3. Settle the debts. You may be down on your luck right now but your life is not over -- you have a lot of good years left. Settlement is an answer that is somewhere between doing nothing and filing bankruptcy. You can try to do the settlements yourself or you can seek a professional third party negotiator to help. If you follow the latter course, just be sure to not pay anything up front -- a good negotiator will work on a contingency fee basis.

Regardless of the decision, remember that your phone is YOUR PHONE. There is no law that says you must answer the damn thing. Get caller ID and just don't answer if you don't recognize the caller's name and number.

Send me an email if you want to trade phone numbers and chat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too soon for Chap. 7 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rather complicated situation. I am 62, and my wife is 63. Due to my wife's medical problems (and bills), she and I had to file chapter 7 and it was granted in 2001. 17 mn.s ago my health failed and I had to go on disability from my job as a minister. My denominations disability Ins....

I mean 1 peter chap 2 verse 9 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi could you please help with 1 peter chap 2 verse 9. The topic I'm suppose to do for my church is saved to server I need info on that. I don't know what that mean. Thanks

View more questions Search