Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    la tee da Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 07:20 PM
    "Canal en Automne" by henri Jourdain-what's it worth?
    I have inherited an etching signed in pencil by Henri Jourdain. It is "Canal en Automne". It does have the SZL in the circle in the lower left corner, next to the number 3. I know the SZL is for Sidney Z. Lucas, of the Paris Etching Society. It is in very good condition-I have been told this by a local art gallery, they re-matted it for me and we left it in the same frame. What is the likely value of it?
    gemstonejewelry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 10:04 AM

Can't say I know, but I have in Texas the same Henri Jourdain "Canal en Automne" etching as well as Joseph Petite in Kansas. If I find more information, I'll keep you posted.

Nov 16, 2009, 09:18 PM

Thank You gemstonejewelry. I will post any updates I find as well.
    eagle1214 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2010, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by la tee da View Post
    I have inherited an etching signed in pencil by Henri Jourdain. It is "Canal en Automne". It does have the SZL in the circle in the lower left corner, next to the number 3. I know the SZL is for Sidney Z. Lucas, of the Paris Etching Society. It is in very good condition-I have been told this by a local art gallery, they re-matted it for me and we left it in the same frame. What is the likely value of it?
    I have the same print. Did you get a value of it?
    [email protected]

May 28, 2010, 11:59 AM
    I never did get a specific value, but generally I learned that it's not valuable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Henri Jourdain [ 2 Answers ]

I have a painting by Henri Jourdain 1925 Original Etching and I want to know what it is worth.

French Etching " The Yonne Canal,France" - PES? SZL? Roth [ 4 Answers ]

I have a French Etching titled The Yonne Canal, France. Mine is signed in pencil bottom right Francis Roth, does anyone know about this artist? In the bottom left corner is a embossed stamp or blind stamp of a circle and inside the circle are the names LAVALLARD & LUCAS along with a triangle in...

I have an etching by F. Roth, "The Yonne Canal, France" what is it's value? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a beautiful etching by Frank Roth, hand signed, title, "Canal de l'Yonne, France" with a 2 next to a circle that has the lettersSZL..? Ti is in perfect shape and I enjoy looking at it. I am excite to know it's value? About the artist? Thank You if youcan get back to me. Cheers,...

"Canal de Yonne" original etching by F. Are. Roth [ 2 Answers ]

I have an original etching by F. R. Roth named "Canal de Yonne". This picture has been in my family for over 70 years. I would appreciate any info on this picture or its creator.

Henri jourdain [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 original and signed etchings by henri jourdain 1 is le vieux muir impression no 102 2nd is fin de joir impression no58 And 3rd is le soir impression no123

View more questions Search