Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robcatempia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Prescribed Lortab 7.5 but having an airline dot/faa drug test?
    I am scheduled to have lapriscopic surgery to repair a hiatal hernia and prevent acid reflux. The doctor has presribed lortab 7.5 for post op pain. I am in the process of changing jobs from one airline to another airline. The new airline I will be working for is going to be sending me for a dot/faa pre-employment drug screen. Will the Lortabs show up on the drug test? Is there an alternative medication that I can request for the pain? Will I be given the opportunity to provide documentation to the administrator of the airline's drug testing program about my recent surgery and that I am under the care of a physician who is prescribing the medication temporarily while I recover?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 08:22 PM

Prescribed drugs are usually not a problem with drug screens. Any doubts, bring the prescription bottle with you, empty or how many you need in a day, so they don't get stolen. Leave the pills at home in a safe place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does any presciption drug mimic marijuana on drug test? [ 8 Answers ]

Are there any presciption drugs that mimic marijuana on a pee test? Also, does eating asparagus have any impact since it is an alkaline vegetable? Thanks.

Can my PO drug test me if I am not on drug related probation? [ 11 Answers ]

That's pretty much my question

Drug test [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I'm on probation right now and I already failed a UA I'm going in to take another one after 7 months of failing the first one what do you think will happen? I guess basically do you think I will be doing jail time?:eek:

After a drug test [ 2 Answers ]

My son had a drug test, but my question is has anyone had a doctor's office call you about it, and if so why would they do that?

View more questions Search