Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    checksbounced Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 04:09 PM
    Employer bouncing Paychecks
    Hi. My current employer has been paying its employees with checks that bounce every time they pay us. No check cashing place will cash the checks anymore because the company owes them money so the only choice we have is to cash them at bank of america(the companys bank) which won't let us cash them 90% of the time because the company has insufficient funds. So we end up having to wait up to a week for the company to put money in the account to be able to cash them. On the rare occasion we can cash our checks, 3 or 4 days later my checking account will be overdrawn by the amount of the check. This has happened so much that bank of america has closed my account and said I can't reopen it. Even though the company will pay the overdraft fees and the bounced check eventually, its becoming a hassle because I end up paying all my bills late because I can't cash my check. I live in Nevada and the companys main head quarters is in flordia. Can I sue or is there anything I can do to get this to stop or is what they're doing legal because I end up getting paid, even if its 8 days late?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2009, 08:47 PM

This is a precarious situation.
    You are strapped for cash!
    Unfortunately your employers is also strapped for cash.
    You are lucky that the employer makes any losses suffered.
    What you need is for you to keep a better record of your finances.
    It would be a great effort if on your part you might be able to build up a reserve of cash in your account.
    I know it is hard , but it can be done.
    Go without a few items over a period.
    You only need to do it once.
    Believe me it works.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2009, 09:25 PM

I would contact the department of labor.Below is a link that may be able to help you or at least direct you to the proper authorities.

State of Nevada -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paychecks being mailed [ 3 Answers ]

If an employer in Michigan mails paychecks, do the checks have to be in the employee's hands on payday?

Rpg bouncing [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1995 honda civic. The rpm gauge bounces back and forth every time I shift, or sometimes when decelerating. I replaced the coil in the distributor, the icm. What could be causing this behavior?

I quit my job, now the employer will not pay me the 2 paychecks that I have coming [ 2 Answers ]

Relocated to Florida in Dec. of 08, and can't find the laws in re: to employer refusing to give me my paychecks. When I started the job, they held the first paycheck, so in the 2 months I worked there, I was paid once. Last Friday, was payday, and when they wouldn't give me my check that day, I...

Are these paychecks mine to keep? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I verbally accepted a position with an insurance company. The agreement was pending a drug test and credit check. In the meantime I went to work for a different company. I never reported to work at the insurance company and then 3 or 4 weeks later I received a paycheck from the insurance...

Taxes withheld from our paychecks [ 2 Answers ]

What is the purpose of collecting taxes from our weekly paycheck?

View more questions Search