Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Oct 30, 2006, 10:38 AM
    Worf a Punching Bag?
    Ever notice how the supposedly formidable Klingon warrior Worf is always getting beat
    Up by other aliens? One alien sent him flying across the room as if swatting a fly away.
    Data, punched him in the stomach and after Worf growled in order to save face he collapsed
    In a heap. The Ferenge whipped him into submission. Some stiff-walking lifelike soldiers
    Bayoneted him into oblivion. An elderly Starfleet commander who had a parasite stuck to his
    Neck sent Worf flying with a sweep of an arm. There are many other incidences which I can't
    Remember at the moment but the overall impression isn't pretty.

What makes it seem a bit comical though is that despite these scenes he is given lines such as:

"I am a trained Klingon warrior! It's a good day to die!"

It's as if those who write this stuff are saying: "Take Worf seriously! No! Wait a minute!
    On second thought, don't take Worf seriously!"

I guess we aren't supposed to notice little things like that.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Oct 30, 2006, 10:44 AM
    HA! Pretty neat insight and its cool of you to point that out, Data too. At least every other episode he's got his 'brains' hanging out. But poor Worf... I never knew if him and Deanna hit it off, would have been a great end to his life being spent as an 'Everlast' bag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worf
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Jul 9, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Could be worse... he could have been a "red shirt" from the original series and gotten killed off after a single episode.

It would have been nice, though, if they had managed to find an enemy for Worf whose he could kick.

He did pretty damn well against other Klingons like Khaless and Gowron.

And you have to admitt that he got his butt kicked with class.

Elliot
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Aug 12, 2007, 10:25 AM
    But I'm still wondering why they would be motivated to portray him that way. Any ideas?
    Smee Posts: 28, Reputation: 7

Aug 21, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Ever notice how the supposedly formidable Klingon warrior Worf is always getting beat
    up by other aliens? One alien sent him flying across the room as if swatting a fly away.
    Data, punched him in the stomach and after Worf growled in order to save face he collapsed
    in a heap. The Ferenge whipped him into submission. Some stiff-walking lifelike soldiers
    bayoneted him into oblivion. An elderly Starfleet commander who had a parasite stuck to his
    neck sent Worf flying with a sweep of an arm. There are many other incidences which I can't
    remember at the moment but the overall impression isn't pretty.

What makes it seem a bit comical though is that despite these scenes he is given lines such as:

"I am a trained Klingon warrior! It's a good day to die!"

It's as if those who write this stuff are saying: "Take Worf seriously! No! Wait a minute!
    On second thought, don't take Worf seriously!"

I guess we aren't suppossed to notice little things like that.
    I am thinking what they are saying is "see how Really Really tough these bad guys are THEY can even whoop Warf the powerful Klingon!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tropical Ocean Slime Bag Creature - What is it? [ 4 Answers ]

I encountered a strange creature (or plant?) in shallow, calm, beachy waters in the Florida keys. It looked like a balloon or bag, about 4 inches long and 3 inches in diameter, filled with pale brownish slime, and it seemed to be dug in or attached to the sand at one end. Does anyone know what...

Eye bag [ 1 Answers ]

I have bags underneath my eyes. What causes it and what can I do to make them go away:(

Speed Bag for Volleyball [ 0 Answers ]

Using a Speed Bag and Double End Bag could be helpful for Volleyball training. Both can be adusted up high and help the player with holding the hands up, rhythm, speed, timing and targeting a moving object close to the face. Just a few ideas to expand your training Speedbag put a little...

Punching new hole in electrical box [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a tool for punching a large hole in an electrical box when there is no punchout in the right place? Thanks Ron

View more questions Search