Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Americans are children
    Not just racists, or infant racists, just children in need of some Anointed parenting.

When it comes to greenhouse-gas emissions, Energy Secretary Steven Chu sees Americans as unruly teenagers and the Administration as the parent that will have to teach them a few lessons.

Speaking on the sidelines of a smart grid conference in Washington, Dr. Chu said he didn’t think average folks had the know-how or will to to change their behavior enough to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions.

The American public…just like your teenage kids, aren’t acting in a way that they should act,” Dr. Chu said. “The American public has to really understand in their core how important this issue is.” (In that case, the Energy Department has a few renegade teens of its own.)
    Mind you, this guy didn't even know that oil falls under his domain, heading an agency that fails its own energy saving guidelines. Yet he and Papa Obama (I'm sure that was racist somehow) must take us by the hand and teach us to behave properly.

And take note, this is the sort of thing is that drove the uproar over Obama's speech to students. The administration wants to make your children good little environmentalists:

The administration aims to teach them—literally. The Environmental Protection Agency is focusing on real children. Partnering with the Parent Teacher Organization, the agency earlier this month launched a cross-country tour of 6,000 schools to teach students about climate change and energy efficiency.
    I'm all for saving energy, clean water, clean air and I absolutely despise plastic bags flying from trees and styrofoam cups blowing around everywhere, but do you really want a guy that heads an agency that fails its own audits, didn't know oil was energy and condescends to Americans as being children to teach your kids about climate change and such? I don't think there any adults in the White House or in majority leadership positions in Congress, how can they teach us anything?
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 22, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    and I absolutely despise plastic bags flying from trees
    Ah, yes, the Shopmart Flag, as it is often called.

Your point is well taken.

I have been saying for years that Liberals are of the belief that we are too stupid to make decisions for ourselves.

Cass Sunnstein and Richard Thayler actually wrote a book based on the concept, called "Nudge". The concept is that Americans are too stupid to make good decisions, so it is the government's job to "nudge" them in the right direction via legislation.

It is, in fact, one of the two main concepts that drive modern liberalism in general. (The other being the concept that moral equivalence and the elimination of the concepts of "good" and "evil" will bring peace and end war, pain suffering and strife.)

There's nothing new here. It's just more blatant than it has been in the past. They think WE are stupid, but THEY are smart and thus better capable of decision-making.

Elliot
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Cass Sunnstein and Richard Thayler actually wrote a book based on the concept, called "Nudge". The concept is that Americans are too stupid to make good decisions, so it is the government's job to "nudge" them in the right direction via legislation.
    Yes, I recall the Sunnstein discussion. I think it's good that libs are being more blatant - from all this racism BS, to the highest elected officials in the land calling us un-American, Nazis and political terrorists, to how stupid and childish Americans are - their colors are showing and it's not a winning formula.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 03:35 PM
    Right
    Yes, I recall the Sunnstein discussion. I think it's good that libs are being more blatant - from all this racism BS, to the highest elected officials in the land calling us un-American, Nazis and political terrorists, to how stupid and childish Americans are - their colors are showing and it's not a winning formula.
    Do you think it possible they might actually be right? After all the people of below average intelligence have to live somewhere and you could have acquired more than your fair share. You see recent trends may have increased the average intelligence of latin america while earlier trends may have increased the average intelligence of Europe. Racist you think? No because all races are included. Two centuries ago it would have been the more intelligent who left Europe for the greener pastures but in more recent times mass migration may have countered such a trend
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Do you think it possible they might actually be right?
    No.

Sep 23, 2009, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Do you think it possible they might actually be right? afterall the people of below average intelligence have to live somewhere and you could have acquired more than your fair share. You see recent trends may have increased the average intelligence of latin america while earlier trends may have increased the average intelligence of Europe. Racist you think? no because all races are included. Two centuries ago it would have been the more intelligent who left Europe for the greener pastures but in more recent times mass migration may have countered such a trend
    That sounds like an argument --- albeit a bizarre one --- for stronger immigration control and especially control of illegal immigration.

Not to prevent a particular racial group from coming to America, but rather to prevent STUPID people from coming to America.

I'm actually in favor of that...

But do you think we could find a way to get rid of the stupid people that we ALREADY have?

Probably not... they control Congress.

Elliot
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2009, 07:32 AM
    I've been told by many americans that the stupid people are all in New Jersey. :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I've been told by many americans that the stupid people are all in New Jersey. :)
    There may very well be a good argument for that.

Sep 23, 2009, 07:44 AM

Yeah, but they're all Canadian immigrants who came here looking for better health care.
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Our government will do what it takes for us to get healthy.

Sep 23, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Our government will do what it takes for us to get healthy.
    Yep... and then the people will come to the USA to get the job done right as they have for the past couple of decades.
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2009, 08:03 AM
    Sure, we'll use you, then go back to our nice little homes... with no medical bills :)

Sep 23, 2009, 08:06 AM

And no medical care, either.
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2009, 08:09 AM
    Ok.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Sep 23, 2009, 12:02 PM
    Not just racists, or infant racists, just children in need of some Anointed parenting.

Mind you, this guy didn't even know that oil falls under his domain, heading an agency that fails its own energy saving guidelines. Yet he and Papa Obama (I'm sure that was racist somehow) must take us by the hand and teach us to behave properly.

And take note, this is the sort of thing is that drove the uproar over Obama's speech to students. The administration wants to make your children good little environmentalists:

I'm all for saving energy, clean water, clean air and I absolutely despise plastic bags flying from trees and styrofoam cups blowing around everywhere, but do you really want a guy that heads an agency that fails its own audits, didn't know oil was energy and condescends to Americans as being children to teach your kids about climate change and such? I don't think there any adults in the White House or in majority leadership positions in Congress, how can they teach us anything?
    Not surprising, given that the treasury secretary is /was a tax cheat.

G&P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Native Americans [ 1 Answers ]

What is a current issue between Native Americans and the federal government? Identify the legislation that you think is linked to the issue, and explain why you think there is a connection.

How many Americans really understand? [ 3 Answers ]

How the election of our president really happens? I realize that the popular vote does not elect the president, that the president is chosen by the electoral college. I have searched, and read, and asked friends and relatives, and you know what, I don't think any of us really knows exactly...

The Americans and the British [ 7 Answers ]

Although the Americans and British both speak english, would anyone agree we speak a different language.

Is resentment against the Americans up or down [ 28 Answers ]

Everyone and their mother seem to have an idea about how well the “surge” is working; I think someone should ask the Iraqis what they think. I wonder how they would rate their personal security. Is resentment against the Americans up or down since the “surge” began? But on second thought,...

Illegal Americans [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my name is Diego, I'm 18 years old and I live in Denver Colorado. I'm an Illegal immigrant of the united states, I crossed the border when I was nine, I didn't know what I was doing, I didn't have a choice. Over the time I forgot about my culture, and were I came from. I have become what I...

View more questions Search