Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hawksavu Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2009, 10:59 AM
    I cant concentrate how much I try!
    Hey all!

I am from india and I am now in 11th grade!
    I lost all my interest in my studies! I don't know what happened to me...
    I want to study but I cant! I got 80% in 10th grade, but now I am below average... Its so sad.
    My main distractions are computer games, music , etc! I tried to get away from these distractions, but its no use! I can't help it! I am so addicted to these computer games!
    I am only interested in one game and that is Warcraft III Dot A... I want to be like my friends who play and study at the same time.. When I sit to study my mind gets filled with thoughts. My personality changed when I changed my school in 10th grade.

Can someone please help me! I really want to study... And also play at the same time...
    Please help:(
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 11:21 PM
    Hi, hawksavu!

What I would suggest asking yourself, is the following question:

Am I in control of myself or are the games in control of me?

I would assume that you would want to be the one in charge of yourself, wouldn't you?

It's a matter of choice...

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question.

I know that you're issue might not be as simple as just making a choice. But, at least that is somewhere that we can start here in order to help you.

Thanks!
    Lightning55 Posts: 97, Reputation: 7

Sep 27, 2009, 10:06 AM

The first main point is that you realized what your problem is. The best things you can do is make a choice. Uninstall WC3. You may want to give it to your family to lock away. Get your parents to set parental controls on your computer that block all gaming sites. Once you regain your control over these games, prove it to your parents that you can handle study and games at the same time.

I've had these problems myself and what I did was email the admin of the site I was on and told him to disable me for a year. Now I feel as I'm in better control of myself. You have to make these decisions yourself. Regain self control and realize that your life is ahead of you. Do you want to enjoy your life and not really get anywhere? Do you want to enjoy your life and get where you want to be? It all depends on how much you can control yourself. If you can't, get a trusted adult or more mature family member to help you.

Hope it helps.
    mathwiz3502 Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 12:07 PM
    Don't worry, you are not alone.\
    I have 2 solutions:
    1. This requires a whole lot of focus and may be too much for you but schedule everything and immediatlly lose the games. It's like a diet, the results can be amazing but if you cheat
    It is ruiined.
    2. You may just need some motivation, if you can't get rid of computer games, then learn about what it takes to work with them. I mean that if you can motivate yourself with games in a positive direction, then your future can be rewarding.
    Jessicapuiting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 12:11 AM

Hi I have two solution, you can either get a studious game like brain training so you can play and study or you can study then play so you know that there will be something good at the end.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 12:32 AM

Do the best you can.
    Honor your parents and maybe they will allow you to be yourself a little bit.
    I suspect that being from India you have strict parents who want the best for you.
    They are not modern and it must be difficult.
    I am in the US so it is hard for me to understand your plight,'We give kids here many freedoms.
    Ask your parents to trust you.
    Tell them that they have given you all their wisdom and now they need to trust that you have heard them.
    hawksavu Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Do the best you can.
    Honor your parents and maybe they will allow you to be yourself a little bit.
    I suspect that being from India you have strict parents who want the best for you.
    They are not modern and it must be difficult.
    I am in the US so it is hard for me to understand your plight,'We give kids here many freedoms.
    Ask your parents to trust you.
    Tell them that they have given you all their wisdom and now they need to trust that you have heard them.

I appreciate your help.
    And for your information my parents are pretty modernized! My father studied in IIT which is one of the greatest achievements an Indian can get! And 2nd thing my parents are not at all strict! That's the main problem! I became like this because of that too much freedom I got!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 09:13 AM
    Well, it sure takes a lot of willpower from you.

If you have such freedom, you are the one that can pull yourself out of it. I know a lot of friends who like playing computer games, especially WCIII (perhaps even me, on Facebook :o) but they now have cut off from these games because of lack of time. Tuitions are enough to cut a large amount of time here.

I for my part, take maximum 1 hour for a game for a day. The thing is that I'm here too, so I'm sort of revising too. Lately, I haven't been playing much, it's really difficult with all the work imposed. I try to find surplus work, to strengthen my weak points...
    cutie911 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 09:11 PM
    Yo! Bro don't wry about work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I can concentrate in my studies? [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 20 year old boy. I am well in my studies. But now, I think my mind is diverting from my targets. I can't concentrate in my studies. I feel loneliness. My family is an atomic family. There are only 2 members including me. I am feeling lack of supports from others. I have only a few...

Not concentrate during meditation [ 9 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I started to do meditation recently.What I do is just watch my breathe inhale and exhale.Secondly sometimes I do osho dynamic meditation but I feel I am wasting my time as I don't see any improvement in myself.I started this I have lack of concentration and to improve concentration I...

Juices from concentrate [ 1 Answers ]

When a juice is made from a concentrate, what does this mean?

How to train the brain to concentrate better [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering, if lets say, you try and remember things while playing on some music. Would that train your brain to remember and concentrate better when there is no music? I mean, your brain has to remember things in the mist of musics, distractions, etc. wouln't it be easier later, where your...

View more questions Search