Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamatota Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 09:55 AM
    Help daughter get away from bad influences
    My daughter is 10 years old and is very quiet and shy. She does well in school and is a rule-follower. The problem is that she attracts friends who get her into trouble. Not huge trouble... but enough that she gets upset. She wants to tell these friends to leave her alone but she does not want to hurt their feelings. How can I empower her to stand up for herself and do what's best for her?
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Oct 30, 2006, 10:00 AM
    Tell her that a true friend is someone who will stick by your side no matter what, someone who will never let you get into trouble and is definitely someone who respects your wishes.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Nov 25, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Sometimes it works to tell the parents of the other children that they should keep their kids away from her. Lets face it, It is not always the other kids. I know it seems as if you are being a turn coat but bite this in the aaaass now and be firm it gets carried away FAST. I have a general rule of thumb.. . If I suspect it, it is happening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 Year Old Daughter Bad Stomach Aches [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my 10 year old daughter was taken to A@E with really bad adominal pain 5 weeks ago she describes the pain as sharp stabbing pains as if someone is stabbibg her she screams and can't stand walk or anything to get rid of it they discovred she had blood in her urine and put her on a corse of...

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

How Lobbying influences the Law? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I have some problems with the matter: how business influence Law by lobbying? However I don't really know what is the relationship between Lobbying and Law? Or in another word, what lobbying affect to Law? So any one know that matter, please give me some ideas about this matter. Thanks...

My daughter [ 5 Answers ]

I need some serious help, my daughter is 13 years old and I think that she may be starting her period, I'm her father and her only parent could someone tell me at what age girls usually start there periods I know it must be a silly question but I'm a guy and I have no idea? Thanks

View more questions Search