Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Sep 22, 2009, 05:59 AM
    Autocomplete won't remember new password on this site in IE7
    I had to change passwords on this forum's login. The autocomplete function for the password will not clear out the old password in IE7. It works fine in Firefox.

I have tried everything I know, and have researched this extensively. I have deleted everything in Browsing History, except history of websites I have visited (would like to keep this if possible).

I have changed and re-changed my password, and still the autocomplete will not put in the new password.

I have checked Tools>Internet Options>Content>Autocomplete to make sure the box is checked to prompt me to save passwords. But it doesn't ask on this site.

Again, this is only in IE7.

Any suggestions PLEASE :eek:

Thanks...
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 07:27 AM

Have you looked through these knowledgebase articles?

The AutoComplete feature does not work in Windows Internet Explorer 7

AutoComplete Does Not Save Username and Password
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Sep 22, 2009, 07:45 PM

Perito,

Thanks. I had hopes for these suggestions.

#2 is for Win 2000. I have XP

#1 is for XP but for some reason, my registry does not have Internet Explorer in the Microsoft Folder inside Policies. I looked around but could not find it.

In Control panel (in registry) there is nothing called format suggest

Any other thoughts?

By the way, my IE7 is working normally in all other sites. It's just this one (in askmehelpdesk) that seems to have a stuck old password in autocomplete.
    prhoneleung Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 07:51 PM
    A kind of password finder namedd Password Genius supports Windows products.
    Just Google it.or click http://password-genius.com
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 29, 2010, 12:52 AM

Have you tried changing your password while using IE7? Otherwise try download new IE7 after deleting old one in add/remove programs in control panel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Username and Password are not working for 192.168.0.1 site. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey, I have a Dlink 604+, I am able to get into the site 192.168.0.1, but it requires a username and password. Normally the default User name is : Admin and the default password is: Admin, but when I enter those it says authentication failed etc.. I realized that this might have been changed but I...

AutoComplete feature of IE 6.0 [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to delete some websites in the Address Bar of Internet Explorer 6.0 that keep popping up via the AutoComplete feature. I've cleared the History file several times but some websites keep occurring via AutoComplete. How do I delete existing websites in the Address Bar from occurring...

Hotmail why won't my computer remember my password? [ 5 Answers ]

When I am going to my Hotmail I always have to put in the password despite the fact that I have told the computer to remember it the last time I was on. Why won't my computer remember my password? I click the box for it to remember but I have to put it in every time it will not remember it.

Can't remember address of a really cool site [ 2 Answers ]

I had this site in the favorites of my old computer and I can't remember how to get there at all.. It's a site where you can put in a band or film you like and it will build a spider diagram of similar music/films.. Does anyone know what I'm talking about because I really want to go on the site...

Unable to remember Yahoo Password [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I forgot my Yahoo password can you please help? UID : incurably separated from reality Thanks & Regards, Akhil

View more questions Search