Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aconitum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 11:44 PM
    Friendly Boss, or Something More?
    I'm going on twenty and he's thirty. He's single, never married, not a complete bum, and not gay. He's one of my ten managers, and is the last hired, therefore, he's at the bottom as far as rank. I've known him for a year, we have become close. However, he's sociable and flirty, hence my dilmma. I am interested in him, but am not sure if he feels the same; and if he does, should we consider becoming romantically involved since technically he is my boss (I need a new job anyway, perfect excuse to quit right ;) ).
    Here are some of the signs that confuse me as to whether he is interested in me, or just being friendly:
    1. He smiles at me all the time. Whether it be from across the room or from two inches away, and when I look up and catch his eye he smiles. He's always in my vicinity; and he always seems to be listening, even when I don't think he is, or when I am not talking to him directly (which is awkward when he asks a question or recalls a minor detail from a conversation we had two months ago).
    2. He commented recently that I look sad (I have some personal issues right now). He then preceded to make me smile and give me advice. He seems to genuinely care and want me to be happy even commenting that, if I'm miserable when he sees, me then I'm miserable when he doesn't and that's not good.
    3. He talks about me to other people. He often calls me "the best", or when I help him with a project I somehow "saved his life". He's even gone to the extent of mocking fellow employees and saying that I could do something better than they could (which is a bit rude when you think about it and also a bit embarrassing).
    4. He talks to me about everything! We talk about his past, family, future goals, and he always wants my opinion. We had a long conversation the other day about how he was starting to grow white hair, and how he felt old and stressed out about it. XD

So, from the little info that I have given, do you suspect that he is just being a good friend, or does he want something more? I'm just not sure whether I want him to be interested because I like him, or if he honestly is interested. Whether his intentions are romantically inclined or not, I value him as a person and a friend.

PS~ This is my first question, so thank you for taking the time to read it.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 07:06 PM

Find some function that you would like to go to and buy an extra ticket (of course side by side) then before the event tell him that a girlfriend can't make it to the event and that you are going to have an extra ticket and ask if he would want it. If he takes it and goes that would put the two of you side by side at a function that had nothing to do with work.

I have a feeling if there were any interest in you you would know it by the end of the function that you go to.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 07:27 PM

Jeez, all signs point to "he likes you" But maybe that's just me. Defintely find some sort of common interest, and when you find it, bring it up. Like "Have you heard of this new movie? It seems really good?" It gives him a chance to take the bait and say "well, maybe we should go sometime" you know what I mean?
    dorky Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2009, 07:06 AM

Wow all of that points to the fact that he must like you! That is an overload of interest! The idea of ohsohappy is good I think.. :) good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does he do this? And is he really interested in me or is he just being friendly? [ 5 Answers ]

OK so I started talking to this guy I work with and I guess you could say we've been flirting he even got my number... :) but it turned out he had a girlfriend but we still talked and flirted... and it turns out that he ended up dumping his girlfriend at the beginning of this month... since that...

Is my boss friendly or is he flirting with me [ 10 Answers ]

I am really confused... I am really attracted to my boss who is about ten years older than me and widowed. I am 43. You would think I would know better... I am divorced and haven't really dated since. He always smiles and says my name in greeting. When he walks past my desk he looks to see if I...

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

View more questions Search