Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anxhei27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 11:34 PM
    Correcting Entries
    You are a newly-hired accountant of the Aguamenti Company, having been hired on August 31, 2009. However, shortly after you have acquired knowledge of the business' systems and accounts, you have discovered the following omissions and errors perpetrated in the past years (the Company uses a fiscal year period ending August 31):

1). Last March 31, 2005, the Company bought a service vehicle for P150,000 cash. It was initially estimated to have a useful life of 10 years, with P10,000 salvage value at the end of its life. However, on the date of acquisition, the past accountant recorded it as Office Tools and Supplies (a current asset account). As of September 23, 2009 (the date today), the Office Tools and Supplies account has a balance of P150,000, representing the amount of the service vehicle that was incorrectly recorded.

I'm confuse about this... ^__^
    anxhei27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 11:40 PM
    [QUOTE=anxhei27;1991094]You are a newly-hired accountant of the Aguamenti Company, having been hired on August 31, 2009. However, shortly after you have acquired knowledge of the business' systems and accounts, you have discovered the following omissions and errors perpetrated in the past years (the Company uses a fiscal year period ending August 31):

1). Last March 31, 2005, the Company bought a service vehicle for P150,000 cash. It was initially estimated to have a useful life of 10 years, with P10,000 salvage value at the end of its life. However, on the date of acquisition, the past accountant recorded it as Office Tools and Supplies (a current asset account). As of September 23, 2009 (the date today), the Office Tools and Supplies account has a balance of P150,000, representing the amount of the service vehicle that was incorrectly recorded.

: ) I got it! :)
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 11:14 PM

You have to first transfer the vehicle out of your current asset to your PP&E account, then you have to calculate the amount of depreciation that should have been recorded to date, then post this amount to the Depreciation Expense and Accumulated Depreciation accounts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm interested.correcting entries, incorrect entries [ 1 Answers ]

I was wodnering If someone can tell me how these were done. I am a mother of a nursing student and I am interested in doing accounting diploma. So I want to learn before I decide. I was wondering if someone can tell me what the incorrect entry, the correct entry and the correcting entry would be. I...

Correcting Entries [ 1 Answers ]

How do I show the correcting entry for... Payment on account of $920 to a creditor was debited $290 to a/p and credited $290 to cash? Also, A $400 withdrawal of cash for Bett's personal use was debited $400 to salaries expense and credit $400 to cash And finally A customer was billed...

Prepare correcting entries [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to check my answer for the following question: 1. The purchase of $1200 of office equipment with a three-year useful life was debited to office supplies 2. A customer was billed $175 for services provided. Accounts receivable was debited of $175 and Unearned Service...

Correcting Entries [ 1 Answers ]

The question is: At the end of 2007 the company accrued salaries of $45 000 in excess of the correct amount. Prepare the journal entry in 2008 to correct the books. The answer is: Sales Salaries Expense 45,000 Retained Earnings 45,000 I don't understand why... what is the closing...

Correcting entries [ 1 Answers ]

Which accounts would I use to correct an entry, where a bill was posted as being paid and later it was realized that the bill was paid with the owner's personal money?

View more questions Search