Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    florav Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 09:11 PM
    visa for visit US from philippines
    My sister is inviting me to visit her in us. What are the requirements needed for this.
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Sep 22, 2009, 12:08 AM

Proofs that you still have plan to come back

1. title of land, business property named after you, car and other properties.
    2. money that can support your stay in the US, preferably bank account with activity
    3. commitment here: job, contract, schooling etc
    4. visa
    5. passport

If you're financially capable, there's should be no problem. Check this link too http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html

US embassy is very strict to Filipinos and really doesn't care why you're going to US. They are looking into things that make sure you'll come back. So if you're all depending your travel finances to your sister (which is very very common when processing things like this), you won't make it.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 04:34 PM

This will be very difficult.. you will need strong ties to your home country such as job, ownership of properties, etc.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Sep 24, 2009, 10:14 AM

And, you should be able to prove up the temporary nature of the visit, have a detailed itinerary, schedule and return ticket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FiancŽ Visa from the Philippines to the US. [ 8 Answers ]

What are the qualifications for obtaining a Fiancé Visa from the Philippines to the U.S.A. What is the first step to getting started?

Apply for US Visit Visa while a valid L1 Visa [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I need to visit US to meet my relative. I have 3 year valid L1 visa. Is it possible to get a US Visit Visa with out canceling the L1 Visa? Please advice

Tourest Visa for minor to visit United States from Philippines [ 3 Answers ]

I am an American Citizen currently married to a filipino gal who has a permenent resident visa to stay in the United States. We want to bring our niece, an 11 year old female here from the Philippines and educate her in the United States. Can I bring her into the United States on a tourist visa,...

Visa for Philippines [ 1 Answers ]

I need to go on a business trip to the Philippines the week of Thanksgiving. I've been there before but someone else did all the paper work for me, all I did was sign some papers for the Philippine Consul in California. This time there is no one ahead of me to do the paperwork because I'm the...

View more questions Search