Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyshooter6 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 07:22 PM
    Why am I still heart broken
    It's been almost a year since my ex and I split up. I've grown so much since then and I can honestly say that I don't want him back. But I don't know why I'm still hurting. I made the mistake of looking at his myspace about a week ago. He's living in California now and is engaged to a girl. I couldn't help but think "Wow, this girl is so pretty." The thing that worries me is that I think I might be jealous of her. I really just want to move on. I feel like it's really time for me to move on but I don't understand what is holding me back. I haven't spoken to my ex in 9 months. Can anybody help me?
    HellHound82 Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Sep 21, 2009, 09:28 PM

These things take time, there is a girl I haven't spoken to in about 5 years and sometimes I still think about her... just got to realise you are better off without them
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 10:30 PM

Thinking about someone in your past is natural and common. I have been in a relationship for nearly two years now, and on occasion find myself remembering another girl. That piece of your heart is gone and the memories will always be there.

You can't move on, unless you know that you have closed that chapter. Looking back is okay, but not trying to go back, or even wishing. Every regret you have will pin a piece of you to your past, forgive yourself for what you have done wrong and then let it be.

You will never forget this person, and will always love them on some level, but you can't let that control you. Just focus on today and that's enough. The past is already taken care of, and tomorrow will be taken care of when you get there.

Good Luck, and stay strong.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 10:36 PM

You spent a lot of your time devoted to this man, you will never forget him entirely. But you will heal if you realize that there is a reason you aren't together anymore. Heck, I still think about my exes. Some of my memories are good, others not so good. THe important thing is that I don't carry those relationships around with me. Make room for a new one.
    busterite Posts: 156, Reputation: 30

Sep 22, 2009, 03:38 AM

Don't let anything worry you, it sounds like you have the right mindset and are on the right track. Just keep doing what you have been doing the past 9 months and let time take care of things. The best analogy I had come across while going through a similar situation was that a breakup leaves a wound which with time and care will heal. It won't hurt anymore and the scar will only remind you another one of life's experiences and guide you through your future choices
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babyshooter6 View Post
    I made the mistake of looking at his myspace about a week ago. He's living in California now and is engaged to a girl.
    That's why you're still hurting. You might not want him back, but you're not 100% over him. Why would you go into his MySpace if you haven't fully recovered yet? You're just hurting yourself. Now you have to reset much of the progress you've made over the past year.

Just focus on your own life. Don't worry about his life anymore. I also strongly suggest that you block him from your MySpace, so that you don't get tempted to go to his page again.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 06:33 AM

The heart doesn't just forget about someone, it takes time to heal only if you let it.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 06:38 AM

I think you are doing better than you give yourself credit for. I can imagine if I heard news of my ex getting engaged it would probably bring up some old feelings too, that is just natural. No worries. Just get back to living your own life and leave the myspace and other stuff out. You'll be fine.
    babyshooter6 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by busterite View Post
    Dont let anything worry you, it sounds like you have the right mindset and are on the right track. Just keep doing what you have been doing the past 9 months and let time take care of things. The best analogy I had come across while going through a similar situation was that a breakup leaves a wound which with time and care will heal. It wont hurt anymore and the scar will only remind you another one of life's experiences and guide you through your future choices
    I like your analogy. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 08:47 AM

Your not brokenhearted, your just having your feelings stirred up AGAIN, by seeing what he is doing on Facebook.

It will pass if you let it, and keep moving forward.
    Love__Hurts Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2011, 11:52 PM
    You have to understand that once you love somebody you always will. I know its kind of hard because your mind is saying no but your heart is saying yes, but u just have to remember what made you break up and u just have to move on. He will always be in your heart but you shouldn't let him affect any other relationships or how you feel about other people :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Broken heart [ 13 Answers ]

how do i get over my ex boyfriend that i loved him with all my heart he meant the world to me n i wanted him back so i asked him out n he always told me he loved me that he will think about it then 2 days after that he went behind my back n got with my bestfriend n she knew how much he meant to me...

Broken heart [ 2 Answers ]

Mildred, 93, was despondent over the recent death of her husband Earl, So she decided to just kill herself and join him in death. Thinking it would be best to get it over with quickly, she took out Earl's old Army pistol and made the decision to shoot herself in the heart since it was ...

Heart broken [ 3 Answers ]

I meet LU December 06! We got hooked up fast... our relationship lasted until July 07 I found out he cheated on me with HIS X girlfriend! And that s not all he ended up moving back with her he is 15 yr older than me!! At the time I taught he did it because I Wasn't stable at All! I taught she...

Broken Heart [ 2 Answers ]

OK I have been dating this girl for 2 years. We met in high school and she is a year younger than me. I am 18 she is 17. Well we had such a great relationship, we never fought and also never did that whole broke up and got together and broke up again and back together thing, that wasn't us. We were...

18-yr. Broken heart [ 11 Answers ]

When I was 23 (I am now 41) I was dating a guy who I fell madly in love with. At the time, he was 39. I stupidly broke up with him because I thought he was too old for me (even though I knew I loved him!). I was convinced that I just had to "bite the bullet" and get through it and I would...

View more questions Search