Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pleasehelp88 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 05:12 PM
    Bridesmaid
    I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this. I was wondering how long you all knew your bridesmaids before you asked them to be your bridesmaid. I have a friend I would like to ask but I have only been hanging out with her for maybe 6 months. Her husband and my fiancé are in a band together so we get together for their shows and hang out some on the weekends. Her husband will be one of my future husband's groomsmen and I wanted to ask her to be one of my bridesmaids. Will that be strange or weird?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 05:18 PM

It's totally up to you who you want standing up with you on your wedding day. If you feel close to this person then it shouldn't matter how long you've known each other.

I say go for it.
    FlipOverBuggie Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 05:23 PM

I think she would be honored. I don't think it's weird at all. She'll probably be excited to be in the wedding with her husband too.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 12:51 AM
    I don't think there are any rigid rules for this situation. Invite who you like and you would be happy to have attend and share the experience with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bridesmaid trouble! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everyone I have 4 best friends. 2 of which are super extra close friends, and the other 2 r just close friends. I have asked my 2 super extra close friends to be my bridesmaids, and they said yes, and all was great. THEN... My fiancé asked 2 of his friends to be groomsmen. So now he has a...

Who do you ask to be a bridesmaid? [ 5 Answers ]

My son is getting married. His finance is having her 2 sisters in the wedding and 3 best friends. My son has only 1 sibling and that is his sister. My husband and their father passed away 2 years ago and there is only the 3 of us. Do you feel that my daughter should be asked to be one of the...

Bridesmaid, how can I let her down? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am getting married in August 2008, I am having 6 bridesmaids, one of which doesn't return texts when I'm asking about meeting for looking at dresses, she doesn't really seem to want to do it. She is my h2b niece, what can I do what can I say to her? Don't want to be hurtful but would rather...

Horror Bridesmaid.or should I say ex-Bridesmaid [ 5 Answers ]

One of my bridesmaids (my fiance's brother fiance) phoned and told my fiancé that she didn't want to be in the wedding party anymore. I tried to call her myself to discuss why she is quitting (it is 3 months before the wedding and I asked her over a year ago to be in the wedding, it took 4 months...

Bridesmaid issue [ 2 Answers ]

I asked 2 of my friends to be bridesmaids 2 years ago when I got engaged. I haven't heard from them more than twice each in the last 2 years time. (We used to talk weekly, and hang out often). One of them got married, and I did get invited, but haven't spoken to her outside of that. The other moved...

View more questions Search