Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rainman1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 01:03 PM
    Next move to reconnect with my ex?
    Thanks ahead of time for all of your answers. First off I had a ty summer. My girlfriend of 5 years wanted a "break". We have been doing 4 years long distance because I am in the military. Got stationed in Chicago for the last two years so that brought us closer(only a 4 hour drive to see her) She is 22 and a fifth year senior at the college that I used to go to. I am 23 and have 10 months left on my military contract, then I am going to finish my degree. She wanted to get an apartment and go to the same school(grad school for her) but I was to ignorant to connect the dots and realize that in order to make a long distance relationship work you need to have an end date. I got lazy and was busy making other plans including a 3 week motorcycle trip out west. When I got back from that she was acting very distant and cold. From there it was an unavoidable collapse of the relationship. I took her out for coffee and she was acting so weird that I stood up and said that we need to go for a walk. We walked and I eventually got out of her that "she wants a break". I screwed that up by calling her too much, but finally realized that she really needed her space. I took her to a DMB concert and realized that she was serious about this break thing. I didn't contact her for 3 weeks until she called me because we where both standing up in a wedding and she didn't want it to be awkward. She said we should try to be friends because we never tried it before. I told her I would be cordial and respectful to her but it would be hard for me to be friends with her because I want more than that. Then She said that in order for us to be more than friends we would have to live in the same town again. K so that was the end of that... At the wedding I slow danced with her and had light conversation until later... I went up to her room with her, and kissed her. BIG mistake I know. She said that she can't have intimacy without a relationship, so then I backed off and sat down. I asked her once again how she felt about "us". She said once again that she STILL LOVES me but doesn't want to do a long distance relationship and we would have to live in the same city. K so its been 2 weeks and I text her last night to see if she wants my old futon because I am moving(she always did). She said thank you but she already got one. The rest of the text went exactly like this...
    Me: how is school going?
    Her:school is good. Busy already. How are you?
    Me: busy also. Wish you where here to help me with my math class
    But Im doing better than I though, I just needed to apply myself.
    Otherwise cubs games and the blues scene when I get the time.
    Talk to you later, night.
    Her: Glad your doing so well. Sounds like more fun than me! Lets talk
    Soon. Night Ry.

What do I do now? From her last text she obviously wants to talk soon... but what do I take from that? I do not want to get excited and take it as she misses me and wants to get back together. Should I call her or wait until she calls me? Shoud I just ignore her now and do NO Contact? Should I call and see if she wants to meet up somewhere for lunch or should I just be really casual with her on the phone? Further more after the contact, what would the next move be? I am stuck between no contact and light conversation... PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU!

PS. There is a Kings of Leon concert this weekend, and I am wondering if I should contact her and go to this as "friends". Is this a good move?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 01:37 PM

I think you are reading too much into the texts. She sounds cordial as a friend, not as someone who really wants to get back together. I think if she truly loved you she would make it work regardless of what city you lived in, but that's just my opinion. I would avoid taking her to a concert as well. To me it sounds like your expectations and desires are a bit different than hers, which lead to confusion fueled by the prolonged contact.
    dorky Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2009, 07:13 AM

Ok, I totally understand what you mean. But text can be interpreted so wrong. You might feel a totally different emotion than is meant by the one who send it! But, maybe you should meet up soon and see what both of you want and can do about this relationship? Cause she sounds a bit uninterested if you ask me , but then again, it's just a text and not real life.
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot reconnect wireless keyboard [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, using on-screen keyboard at the moment and its really slow So my keyboard was almost out of batteries, so I changed them and now my keyboard won't reconnect My wireless mouse is working fine I know I have to press the connect buttons on both my keyboard and receiver, but I can't find...

Wireless Network Not Reconnect After Standby [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have noticed that most of the time (possibly all of the time) that two laptops (Toshiba - Windows Vista HP) do not reconnect properly to my wireless network. The windows network icon in the system tray shows connected to the network, but there is no internet access when tried in IE. When...

Were on a break; She needs to reconnect with God? [ 5 Answers ]

I met this girl last semester; We both hit it off really well in the beginning of the semester, and I finally asked her out this December. Things were going great, I saw her pretty often during the winter, couple times a week. Then this semester started and she said she wanted to focus more on...

View more questions Search