Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khendrick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 06:59 AM
    Error in Access 97
    I keep on getting this error message when I try to open Access 97.I installed it on Win XP sp 2.
    Hardware spec. PIV 2GB of ram.

"Microsoft Access couldn't find the file "System.mdw" this file is required to startup access.
    Slogmeister Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Jan 9, 2007, 12:39 PM
    This may sound stupid, but don't use access 97. Access 2000 will read and write those file formats just as well. There are service packs and patches for Access 97 that you may need to use. Granted, there's no real reason it shouldn't work, but it is kind of old. Have you tried re-installing? Did you do a typical install or a custom install? Is another version of Office or any of its components already installed on this machine?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Automation error in MS Access [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, Please Help I am working with an Access database that was developed using Office 97 and was converted to the 2002-2003 Access file format. On this one form there are 26 text boxes (representing yearly pay periods) and on the “On Lost Focus” event for each text box the person who...

MS Access Linkmaster Error [ 1 Answers ]

I have created a simple database of products. I need to be able to enter an order that would update an ordersdetail table. I created an order form with a subform for entering product order. (I referred to the Northwind database for help). Everything seems fine except that when I try to enter...

MS access error [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am required to run series of MS Access Queries in a sequence one after another. I want to do this automatically as each query takes like 2-3 minutes. So, I created a form and as soon as the form loads, each query is executed. When I try to run my query for like last 5 day data,...

Access Denied Error [ 10 Answers ]

Problem: Can not access data on a Hard Drive which came from another (now discarded) PC. The HD won't boot by itself (has XP Pro installed which I think is corrupted ). I have the HD mounted as a 2nd HD in a new (XP Pro) computer. The HD is visible as D: and I can see all the directories, but...

Access 2000 error [ 5 Answers ]

Hello to all. We are using an access database 2000 with 30 users. The dbase size is 50 Gig. For some reason we keep getting an error messsage that the dbase is not in recognized format and has to be repaired. This error can show up to 10 times a day. Please help. Thanks

View more questions Search