Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spyra Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 11:16 AM
    I need explanation about the pregnancy of my mother(with me)
    Well my mother told me that when she was pregnant with me she had done alla the test but they were all negative until the 4 months when I appear(she done tests every month cause she was feeling constantly that she was pregnant). Her doctor said that this was a rare case when he found out tha she was truly pregnant.. I am just curius to find out what was that and I can't understand how I didn't appear in the ultrasonography(if I say it right).

(my english are poor so sorry if I've done mistakes).
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 11:21 AM

What country was this in? Did they do ultrasounds up to four months or just pregnancy tests? Urine tests or blood tests?

Sep 21, 2009, 11:37 AM

Well I am from Greece. She done ultrasound and blood test and pregnancy , she done all the tests and the doctors said that this was in her mind and they gave her pills for her period but she didn't take them(thank god). She went to many doctors not one only.
    earthmama Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Sep 21, 2009, 11:59 AM

Hello dear.If, you are normal and healthy, I would be happy.I have heard of many women who do not realize they are pregnant,at all. What a surprise after 9 months! Good-luck to you.

Sep 21, 2009, 12:10 PM
    Sorry but this is not answer to my question.
    Vision Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyra View Post
    sorry but this is not answer to my question.
    You cannot pick HOW people answer questions. We try and respect all members here as well as their opinions. Hopefully someone else will come along and give you an answer that you are seeking.

Sep 21, 2009, 12:29 PM

I didn't pick or choose just said my opinion like you said :)
    Vision Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 12:33 PM
    i didn't pick or choose just said my opinion like you said :)
    I know you didn't, I said that you can't. Your opinion is more than welcome here. But being rude to other members for answering in a way that you don't like isn't acceptable.
    Vision Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 12:33 PM

Sometimes babies are surprises, and that's the way it's meant to be.

Sep 21, 2009, 12:38 PM

Sorry I didn't now that honesty is rudeness and I don't want to continue this short of 'arquement'' cause is useless plus I thought that this site is askme.com not letsdiscussaboutyourquestions.com.Thank you for your time :)
    Vision Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 12:43 PM
    sorry i didn't now that honesty is rudeness and i don't want to continue this short of 'arquement'' cause is useless plus i thought that this site is askme.com not letsdiscussaboutyourquestions.com.Thank you for your time :)
    Actually it's askmehelpdesk.com and yes we discuss questions here, that's how we find you answers. I am not arguing with you. I am informing you of the etiquette here. Telling someone their answer isn't what you were looking for is rude here, sorry, it is. When you ask a question to open yourself up to a whole realm of answers. If its not what you want to hear, sorry. But that's someone's opinion.

Sep 21, 2009, 12:50 PM

Oh really! I misunderstood the meaning of the phrase'' real answers from real experts'' I guess it means like you said ''disguss answers from aa... from people with no academic knowledge in the subject''... it's my fault ,wrong site, I will look somewhere else.. again thank you from informing me, you didn't have to :)
    Vision Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 12:55 PM

I'm sorry, can you please use the spell check feature? I don't understand most of your post. I am the vision expert, in case you missed that part. I answer questions that I take interest in, whether I have a degree in the subject. You're not on a site full of doctors, sorry. I'm sorry, but I will not argue with you, please read the rules here.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Actually it's askmehelpdesk.com and yes we discuss questions here, that's how we find you answers. I am not arguing with you. I am informing you of the etiquette here. Telling someone their answer isn't what you were looking for is rude here, sorry, it is. When you ask a question to open yourself up to a whole realm of answers. If its not what you want to hear, sorry. But that's someone's opinion.
    The person who answered assumed Spyra is the one who is pregnant. That was not the question asked, and has nothing to do with anything. Spyra was not rude; the question was not answered at all.

Spyra, did your mother suspect she was pregnant? (I just reread your original question, and yes, she did.) Did she ever see any of the ultrasound pictures?

Sep 21, 2009, 01:07 PM

Yes my mother was sure that she was pregnant , she have done that ultrasound and the doctor saw nothing at all... she saw just the screen that's all I don't think she took photos of this, cause there was nothing there. I just can't understand how could this happening and if it's happen sometimes.(about the negative tests I understand that is cause of hormons)

p.s and dear chihuahuamomma yes you are vision expert but we don't talk about eyes sorry.(if you had an example from friend that'ok but you don't... sorry)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 01:09 PM

Ultrasound pictures should show a pregnancy as early as 8 weeks. I cannot imagine why your mother's doctors were not able to see a baby. Perhaps they were not trained well enough on what to look for and how to interpret the pictures or maybe the ultrasounds were done incorrectly. (I am not familiar with the training of Greek doctors.)

Does your mother remember anything any of these doctors said other than that she was not pregnant?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 01:16 PM
    yes my mother was sure that she was pregnant , she have done that ultrasound and the doctor saw nothing at all ...she saw just the screen that's all i don't think she took photos of this, cause there was nothing there. I just can't understand how could this happening and if it's happen sometimes.(about the negative tests i understand that is cause of hormons)
    Is it possible your mother was NOT pregnant during some of the earlier tests? If so, that could mean the pregnancy was too early to be seen in the later tests. How long was her pregnancy, does she remember -- longer than usual? Maybe she was so eager to get pregnant and thought she was, but really wasn't, but then DID get pregnant soon after, so that the tests were unreliable.

I don't think hormones would change the picture, so that a baby would not show even after 8 weeks.

Sep 21, 2009, 01:17 PM

It's difficult to be a mistake cause she went to the best hospital in greece... but the reason of mistaken is the only explanation I can give sooo...
    To answer to your question yes the doctors told to my mother that she had some sort of broplem and they gave her some pills for her period(cause it had stop).
    Thank you for your help

Sep 21, 2009, 01:19 PM
    I appear in 4 months and I was a 4 months baby... propably the doctors made mistake with the ultrasound really there is no other logical explanation!

Sep 21, 2009, 01:20 PM
    She done test constantly for 3 months

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need explanation [ 1 Answers ]

can u help me solve this? Xsqurd minus 5x minus 6

Explanation ? [ 1 Answers ]

I've tried to understand this question but I can't seem to figure out what exactly is it asking for. The question ask: Suppose net income amounts to 4300 for 2005. How much has Reitvald earned since it began operations that has not actually been distributed as dividends. Cash is 2500...

Need explanation thanks [ 1 Answers ]

UPDATE: Today Anne was talking to her mom. Anne “Mom I just wanted to let you know that the herbs I take I checked into and they are safe” Her mom “I know you told me yesterday and I don’t care that you take them” Anne “But you acted like you cared when you asked me originally” Mom “I didn’t even...

Could this be pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 9 months my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant. I have averaged out my period to be 27 days. I have been right on or start a little before for the past 4 months. For the past 2-3 days I have been getting headaches and dizzy. Two days ago it got so bad that I had to lie...

Explanation Anyone? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, Here goes... I'm going to tell a story, and see if anyone can explain it to me. I have this memory. I was in my parents car, my father was driving, and I was iin my mother's lap in the passenger seat. I was apparently too small to comprehend 'all' of their conversation, but I got some of it....

View more questions Search