Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 01:21 PM
    I have heard of cases where the pregnant woman was pregnant on twins,at the sonagraph no foetus was seen,however it turned out the other twin was behind the empty sac...

I don't know if that is even possible,I'm just wondering could it have been possible that your mother was having twins?

One twin dies and is absorbed,leaves empty sac,and it might explain the low hormone levels?

I'm just throwing it out there,its an interesting case.

There is an expert on pregnancy on the board,perhaps she may be more helpful then I.

Or least,correct me if my limited knowledge is incorrect.

Edit: I did not explain myself properly in the first paragragh,but I hope you catch the drift of where I was going with it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyra View Post
    It's difficult to be a mistake cause she went to the best hospital in greece ...but the reason of mistaken is the only explanation i can give sooo.....
    To answer to your question yes the doctors told to my mother that she had some sort of broplem and they gave her some pills for her period(cause it had stop).
    Thank you for your help
    You're very welcome. I like to solve mysteries. (I'm a librarian and thus a detective!)

Did the doctors tell her what the "problem" was? Were the pills supposed to help start her period again?

What year was this?
    Spyra Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 01:29 PM

Well when I appear he doctor said that this was an extremely rare case and he add it to his study (or something like this). He told that it was because of hormones(I don't know exactly)... Ok but how the ultrasound didn't work? I thought that maybe he didn't know tha my mother have done ultrasound ,as I sai she went to many doctors(it cost her a fortune).And this case with the twins it's interesting but creepy thank you for mention it.

Sep 21, 2009, 01:32 PM

Yes the pills were exactly for this. It happens I suppose in 1990 I am 19 so...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 01:42 PM

Unfortunately, we will probably never know why you did not show up on the ultrasound. If you ever write the story of your life, be sure to make this a chapter!

Sep 21, 2009, 01:52 PM

Yes and I will propably name the book
    ''the freak show''... if you find out something else I will be happy to hear it.

A and to ask something else to be sure. When a woman say she is pregnant and she goes to a serius hospital to do all the right tests is there a possibility to do not do ultrasound? It was not me who was prgnant but my mother maybe she have made a mistake and she hanen't done the ultrasound.(I don't think so but you never know)

Sep 21, 2009, 01:54 PM

Well she gone to many Doctors and hospitals actually
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 02:03 PM

The only thing that I can think of is what you had suspected, that maybe they did the ultrasound wrong, or did not know what they were looking for. This is interesting. I hope you find the answers that you are looking for.

Sep 21, 2009, 02:14 PM

I hope too but I don't see any light
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 02:19 PM

There would be test results on file at the hospital(s). Is your mother in Greece, that she could request copies? They would be her property, unless Greece has different rules from the U.S. rules.

Sep 21, 2009, 02:25 PM

Yes propably they have but it's difficult for me to have them cause it's in another city and my mother will say ''it's not big deal why you insist?'' as usually...
    Well someday I will find them .Really thank you for your time and your help .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need explanation [ 1 Answers ]

can u help me solve this? Xsqurd minus 5x minus 6

Explanation ? [ 1 Answers ]

I've tried to understand this question but I can't seem to figure out what exactly is it asking for. The question ask: Suppose net income amounts to 4300 for 2005. How much has Reitvald earned since it began operations that has not actually been distributed as dividends. Cash is 2500...

Need explanation thanks [ 1 Answers ]

UPDATE: Today Anne was talking to her mom. Anne “Mom I just wanted to let you know that the herbs I take I checked into and they are safe” Her mom “I know you told me yesterday and I don’t care that you take them” Anne “But you acted like you cared when you asked me originally” Mom “I didn’t even...

Could this be pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 9 months my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant. I have averaged out my period to be 27 days. I have been right on or start a little before for the past 4 months. For the past 2-3 days I have been getting headaches and dizzy. Two days ago it got so bad that I had to lie...

Explanation Anyone? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, Here goes... I'm going to tell a story, and see if anyone can explain it to me. I have this memory. I was in my parents car, my father was driving, and I was iin my mother's lap in the passenger seat. I was apparently too small to comprehend 'all' of their conversation, but I got some of it....

View more questions Search