Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Sep 21, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Winning Some Money
    Hello!

I was just curious about this... this is only for people that have boyfriends...

If you were to win some money, a lot of money (from a raffle for instance) would you share that money with your boyfriend? Would you buy him a car?

What if your boyfriend acting sneaky sometimes about certain things that he does? Would you still share that money with him?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 01:34 PM
    Hi, HotPotato2009!

I've moved your question out of Other Money & Services to this forum topic area so that it will be more likely to be noticed and addressed. Also, it seems to me, to be more about a relationship issue anyway.

Why are you asking the questions, please?

Thanks!
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 01:41 PM

If I felt that my boyfriend was a good one, and if I really felt like he needed some I would help him. But I would not buy him a car.. .
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotPotato2009 View Post
    Hello!

I was just curious about this...............this is only for people that have boyfriends...

If you were to win some money, alot of money (from a raffle for instance) would you share that money with your boyfriend?? Would you buy him a car??

What if your boyfriend acting sneaky sometimes about certain things that he does?? Would you still share that money with him??
    This is a public forum. You post a question, and ANYONE can answer. You cannot specify who can, and cannot answer.

That being said,

NO.

Why would you be with someone who is sneaky in the first place?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 01:45 PM

I say it would depend on how long you've been together, whether you trust him, if he needs help, etc. I was going to help out a boyfriend once, glad I didn't because we weren't together long. Be careful about giving money away, especially if you're not in a committed relationship.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 01:49 PM

Sure why not!

If it's a lot of money,why would I be with a sneaky boyfriend!

The problems would be,if he would except it or not.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 06:18 PM
    It really depends on what type of relationship you have with your significant other. There are too many factors to consider:

1) Are you living together?
    2) Is it long distance?
    3) How long have you been together?
    4) How serious is the relationship?
    5) Has money been a huge factor in the relationship in the past?
    6) etc. etc.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 06:28 PM
    I also think it depends. I wouldn't go out and buy him a car. But hey if it were a million bucks then why not. If it were a few thousand then I might flip for a nice weekend away.

On the other hand if he is being sneaky with things then I may not be so ready to jump at letting him cash in on my winnings.

What's your story so we can answer better and give you better advice. It seems vague to me about your boyfriend.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 09:39 PM
    If I won lots of money, I would be hard pressed to buy my husband a car and I love him.:D

We need more info!
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 11:52 PM

I'm curious why you would throw in the thing about the boyfriend being sneaky. Generally when people are asking about what they would do with winnings (including who they might give some to), they don't generally throw in a wrench like if the boyfriend is being sneaky.

So are you really asking about your sneaky boyfriend? And is this boyfriend (imaginary or real) really being sneaky, or maybe just living his life that doesn't include telling his girlfriend about every detail of everything he does? I find a lot of times when people think someone is off being sneaky or "hiding things," they are really just wanting a little bit of deserved privacy.

(I once had a boyfriend that thought if I ever didn't tell him any tiny little thing, I must be doing something awful. Sometimes I was just at home doing absolutely nothing and simply got tired of getting 20 questions about everything I did. It was a very nice way to chase me off.)

If there truly is something bad in the sneakiness, then the winnings being shared with him is completely irrelevant. Either you want to be with someone or you don't. If you don't want to share money due to something like that, sounds more like you shouldn't be with him. The sneakiness and the money are two entirely different subjects.

But back to the question... since I'm extremely practical about money and all money I have is thrown into the pot and budgeted just like everything else, whether I won that money or not would not have anything to do with whether I shared it or what I might buy for someone. I wouldn't just give away the money to a boyfriend, but yes I might buy some stuff if that were in the overall budget. A car? Only if it were a LOT of money, and I mean like a big giant lottery, not a raffle. Because most of it would be invested for the future. And any boyfriend of mine would know how I am about money and not be the least bit surprised over it.

Sep 22, 2009, 11:48 AM

Thanks Clough for moving this question. Its not a personal question.. just wanted to ask. Just some randon thought I had in my head. I wish I did win a lot of money though lol.

Thanks you guys and sorry it took me so long to respond back
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 11:58 AM
    You didn't win money?

Sep 22, 2009, 12:01 PM

No lol. I wish though.
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 12:02 PM
    For crying out loud I answered because I thought you really did and weren't sure what to do with it. I didn't realize you meant just generally speaking.

It would be a nice thought though.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 12:16 PM
    If you buy a boyfriend a car, then he will need money to get it registered. To get it registered he will need you to buy insurance. Once he has insurance and registration then he will want to drive it... Who pays for the parking and speeding tickets?
    earthmama Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Sep 22, 2009, 12:29 PM
    Please,put the money in a savings account,immediately.Pay close attention to how he treats you AFTER the $ is put up.
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 04:31 PM

So... this is imaginary money, and you actually ask what if the boyfriend is doing sneaky things? Why on earth does that occur to someone when asking what to do with winnings when the winnings aren't even real.

I suspect even more that you really do have such a boyfriend (money or not), or you are a WAY overly paranoid person that thinks every guy is up to something.
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

Sep 22, 2009, 04:43 PM

No, don't share until there is actual commitment.
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 06:59 PM

Are you people bothering to read the thread? There's now been three posts advising what to do with this money after the OP said there isn't any winnings -- it was just a rhetorical question.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotPotato2009 View Post
    Thanks Clough for moving this question. Its not a personal question..just wanted to ask. Just some randon thought I had in my head. I wish I did win alot of money though lol.

Thanks you guys and sorry it took me so long to respond back
    Hi again, HotPotato2009!

Thanks for your clarification as to why you asked the question in the first place.

Would you care to address those that have answered, thinking that it is a real scenario, please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Winning claim? [ 9 Answers ]

Co-signed for family member for loan on purchase of item. Family member paid randomly, but not always. Loan was paid in full, but I had to pay out of my pocket at times to keep from defaulting on loan. Filed small claim for unpaid "personal" debt. Is this strong enough case to win?

Bathtub is winning [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced a hot water tank; after doing all the "I can do this" things, I turned on the water and all went well with the faucets in the upstairs bath, the main floor bath and kitchen faucets, the sink in the basement make-up room, the down stairs bath and the cold water side of the basement...

Winning her back [ 73 Answers ]

I work with a female I dated about 6 months ago ,we began sharing the same break table when we started dating .When the relationship ended (by my hand) she continued to come back and sit with me .I decided to try again with her because the first time I ended it I was afraid of getting to close...

Winning over a girl [ 1 Answers ]

K so there is this girl that I really like and I'm kind of sure that. She likes me... But I need tips on winning her over... She's a good girl and she's beautiful. She already knows that I think about her that way but I just need tips on winning her over!

Neighbors are winning. Help me! [ 19 Answers ]

:( Please help. I'm at wits end. So bad it's effecting my marriage and motherhood. I am ready to go somewhere but nowhere to go... Recently moved into a newly built house on acreage(another story but nothing good). Neighbor allowed their dogs to run, cornered husband in port-a-potty during...

View more questions Search