Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 07:59 AM
    Just to sad thanks Stringer at least ben remembered to tell me about the posts this time xxxxx heart felt love to Chery and her dearest family xxxx
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 08:07 AM
    I'm so sorry, everything was looking so up. My prayers are with her and her family.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 08:41 AM

Thank you for keeping us updated Stringer.

Chery, wonderful Momma C. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You've fought so long and hard, you truly are the strongest person I know.

I love you Momma C.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2009, 01:28 PM

Thank you for letting me know Stringer.

My prayers are with Chery and her family.

Do not know what to say except we all love you Chery.

Please be strong.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I have news that is not very good. Chery is not doing well....

Jamie emailed this to me 10 before 8AM this morning.

"Important news on Mom."

"Mom's status is weakening day by day. I don't know how much longer, it could be any day now. I see her twice a day, and spend hours with her, before I go home with Alex and take care of him. I spoke with the doc today and he came to see her, I spoke with him about how serious her status is and her agrees that she needs 24 hour watch. I spoke with him about getting a red cross message written for me to give to them, so Dan and Ed can home soon. I'll be passing this message to the Red Cross tomorrow as soon as I have it.

I'll keep everyone posted as possible."

Take care,

Jamie

I am in shock, I don't know what else to say. Chery we love you, keep fighting, always, keep fighting.

I spoke with Chery two days ago, she seemed in good spirits, she even seemed stronger, this is sad, very sad.

Stringer
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Chery! Please keep on fighting!

All of our LOVE and GOOD THOUGHTS are going out to YOU and YOURS!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Stringer, thanks for the update. Chery has fought a long hard battle. First her stroke, then her cancer, now this. I pray she can rally the strength to stay on this earth a little longer...

I remember when she was diagnosed with the cancer.. no chemo.. no radiation etc. She made a list of those she was going to "haunt" and it would be a good "haunting" to those of us she loved.

My thoughts and prayers are with Chery, Alex and Jayme.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 02:05 PM

Thank you Stringer, for all the updates.

Sending my best wishes to you chery and all your loved ones
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    Thankyou Stringer, for all the updates.

sending my best wishes to you chery and all your loved ones
    Thanks, I intend to call her tomorrow, Jamie said that she would like that but may not be able to stay on the phone too long. As I always do, I will pass on all your wishes and prayers for her, I know that she will appreciate that a lot. She has a lot of deep feelings for a lot of people here, for a long time this has been her primary communication vehicle. She told me many times how much she loves AMHD and the people here.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 08:12 PM

Chery has long been in my prayers.
    I can ony say that I hope for the best for her and for her family. I wish I could offer more...
    Business Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich View Post
    Chery has long been in my prayers.
    I can ony say that I hope for the best for her and for her family. I wish I could offer more....
    Hi Capt, that's about all we can offer at this point.

I hope that you are doing OK my friend? Miss talking to you buddy.

Stringer
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2009, 11:19 PM

Keep on fighting Momma C.

Those news came like a shock, especially as you seemed so strong the past few days. My prayers are to you and your family Momma C. You're a strong woman, perhaps the strongest I've ever known, fighting again and again. I remember last year, yes, you said you had a list of people to haunt... and Starby was on the list too, aw such memories!

:::lights a candle of 'green apple':::
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 22, 2009, 06:56 AM
    Stringer agrees: Boy, I sure hope I am on the good list... Chery can tear into those that fell out of favor with her... :)
    I'm positive you are on the good list... I will be blessed the day she "haunts" me. Hopefully later rather than sooner. But at least I will meet her face to ghostly face.

Now, if y'all don't know Chery all that well, this is her way of joking about leaving the planet but still sticking around to be with her earthly friends. She is truly one of a kind!

WE LoVE YOU CHeRY!!
    Business Expert

Oct 22, 2009, 09:44 AM

It's about 11:30 AM Thursday.

I just spoke with Chery. She is very weak and her voice indicates that. She still tried to sound 'up.' She is a fighter and she promised to continue to fight, but I don't know...

Chery told me to tell you all that 'I love them all, very much, please tell them this.'

She said: 'You know that I am a fighter, and I will fight!'

Jamie answered the phone and wasn't sure that Chery had the strength to talk. But when she told Chery that it was me Chery took the phone and the first thing she said was 'Hello Darlin.'

She made me promise to send her pictures of my Halloween display for this year, they will go off today.

Jamie said that her husband was hurrying back from Afghanistan and should arrive tomorrow and Chery's two brothers have their visas and should arrive tomorrow also.

I do not feel confidence in Chery's health at this time. We love her a lot, bless her.

Stringer
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2009, 09:47 AM

Thank you again Sherrif. Thank you for passing the message.

Momma C, we're all with you!
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 10:34 AM
    Thank you Stringer. One positive is you were able to hear her voice and communicate with her still.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 08:08 PM

Thanks for the PM Stringer,
    Sad, but we all knew it was inevitable.
    Hope you find peace Chery dear.

For the ones who maybe a little confused about Chery getting weaker, her being out of the hospital did not mean she had been cured of the cancer,
    She was just well enough after the accident to be home.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ry-253366.html

Business Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 09:33 AM

It does not look good at all.

Received this today from Jamie:

"It wasn't Mom's wish to die in a hospital, but I had to call the ambulance last night @ 3am our time. She wasn't getting enough air and I had the machine up to the max. She started to panic and I didn't KNOW what to do...she is in the hospital and can't talk or anything...The Doc said that she probably will not make it home. John, landed in Frankfurt 7am our time and took the train and buss all the way to the hospital. I'm at home while he's staying with her and Alex is staying with his Nanny. I'm still waiting to hear from Dan and Ed, don't know if they can make it on time. I'll keep you posted. I'm going to take off again."

Jaime
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 10:16 AM

I hope that chery finds peace,it's a pity she could not be at home, but at least she will have pain relief.

It's a hard time on her family.
    Business Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 10:34 AM

I agree Red, I'm a little sorry that she won't get her wish though.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 10:36 AM

How are you stringer,being the bearer of bad news is not an easy task,and it takes strong shoulders and a brave man to do it.

Fair play stringer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For our sweet Chery [ 1181 Answers ]

For Chery aka Momma C, Starbuck8 aka Starby and I have been talking about doing this for a while, so here it goes. Chery, we hope you don't mind. As many of you may know, Chery has terminal cancer, and she’s recently taken a turn for the worse. Chery has been a member of AMHD for many...

Should I buy a Chery car? [ 4 Answers ]

We are looking at buying a new car and have trawled the showrooms lately. We saw a Chery - Chinese car which was very cheap and had all sorts of fancy gizmos: movie screens in rear seats and one at front in the middle (could be a bit dangerous? ); 2.4litre engine; sunroof; blah blah blah. ...

Chery? [ 7 Answers ]

Anyone hear from Chery?? It's been MONTHS!! Can we all try and contact and let her know were thinking about her. I know she's had some stuff going going I nher life.

Welcome Back Chery! [ 7 Answers ]

It's really nice to see you posting on here again. I hope everything went well for you, and that you will soon be your old self again! I really missed you.

View more questions Search