Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 10:51 AM
    That's terrible news Stringer. I am sorry that's what you had to pass along to us.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2009, 11:04 AM

Oh my God, I haven't seen that coming so soon!

Thanks for the update Stringer. That's awful!

Momma C, if you have to die now, then, be free, and feel no pain. :(
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the update and the PM stringer.

It's a sad day and I'm lost for words :( and that doesn't happen too often :(
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 01:52 PM

Yeah, she didn't sound to well when I spoke with her, but I didn't think that she would get this way so quickly either.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 03:06 PM

My dear Stringer, I know how hard you're taking this, I wish I
    Could hug you in person my dear.

Chery has fought a long hard battle. For a while I know we all thought that she'd somehow pull out of it, keep on being with us. She is such a remarkable woman.

Right now my only wish is for her to be pain free and for her to go quickly and not linger. I know she wouldn't want that.

I'll pray for her and her family. Yes, you heard me, I'll pray. :)

Love you Stringer. Love you Chery.

Love all of you.
    Business Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    My dear Stringer, I know how hard you're taking this, I wish I
    could hug you in person my dear.

Chery has fought a long hard battle. For a while I know we all thought that she'd somehow pull out of it, keep on being with us. She is such a remarkable woman.

Right now my only wish is for her to be pain free and for her to go quickly and not linger. I know she wouldn't want that.

I'll pray for her and her family. Yes, you heard me, I'll pray. :)

Love you Stringer. Love you Chery.

Love all of you.
    I am OK Alty. Just already feeling the loss.

Thank you hon, lots of love to you too.

Stringer
    Pets Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I am ok Alty. Just already feeling the loss.

Thank you hon, lots of love to you too.

Stringer
    We do tend to do that, don't we, especially when we can't be with the person.

For me it makes the loss not hurt as bad when it actually happens, but it still hurts.

I hope that Jaime is doing okay. I remember all too well how hard it is to take care of and make the decisions for someone that's dying, someone you love.

Stringer, if you could, send Jaime my email address. Let her know I'm here if she needs to talk. I'd appreciate it. :)

Love you.
    Business Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 03:15 PM
    We do tend to do that, don't we, especially when we can't be with the person.

For me it makes the loss not hurt as bad when it actually happens, but it still hurts.

I hope that Jaime is doing okay. I remember all too well how hard it is to take care of and make the decisions for someone that's dying, someone you love.

Stringer, if you could, send Jaime my email address. Let her know I'm here if she needs to talk. I'd appreciate it. :)

Love you.
    I know the losses you have had, I know that you have been there.

Seems that in the last year there have been too many, my mother, starby and now the possibility of Chery.

Marta has spoken to her several times and she is very sad also.

I will give Jamie your email Alty.
    Pets Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I know the losses you have had, I know that you have been there.

Seems that in the last year there have been too many, my mother, starby and now the possibility of Chery.

Marta has spoken to her several times and she is very sad also.

I will give Jamie your email Alty.
    I have been there, but who hasn't?

We've all lost people we love and care about. The circumstances don't make it easier or harder, it's hard no matter what.

I'm just getting this terrible feeling in my stomach knowing what Jaime is going through, and with a young child to boot. It's my situation all over again, and it was so very hard. Now she has to deal with it, and it seems she's mainly alone. I feel so bad for her, and for Chery, because I know how much Chery worries about her daughter and her grandson. This must be so hard for both of them.

Okay, I'm making it worse. Sorry. :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 05:47 PM
    Thank you Stringer for the PM letting me know what's going on. This is sad news indeed, but we all have to remember that Chery fought the good fight and has lived at least a year longer than originally expected.

In the true spirit that is Chery... the hauntings will probably begin soon. Those of us that are on her good list should have some fun, while those on her bad list... well, I would hate to be them.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 05:53 PM
    I am a realist. I take what the doctor's say and Jamie has written and explained issues, however, I am not counting Sweet Chery Love out yet!! Not until Jamie sends more news. Our Chery is a fighter. If this is her last fight, then I pray strength of spirit and heart and body for her and above all, peace. I guess I am too much also of an optimist. One never knows until we know!! I do know that Chery knows she is loved and that is a credit to ALL of you who love her so much and have been so supportive of her all this time. How blessed she has been to be loved so much and have sweet little Alex, "Oma's Angel" and Jamie and Dan. I hope when my time comes, I can be as brave and strong as Chery. She inspires me. I love each of you and I know our love for one another gives each of us strength to go through each struggle in this life. Each of us have given a bit of ourselves to Chery, just like we did to Jo and they and we are richer for it. I love you.
    Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 06:13 PM
    Altenweg agrees: I'm getting an exorcist. ;)
    But you aren't on the bad list. You will be one of the lucky ones with the fun hauntings.
    Business Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7 View Post
    I am a realist. I take what the doctor's say and Jamie has written and explained issues, however, I am not counting Sweet Chery Love out yet!!!!! Not until Jamie sends more news. Our Chery is a fighter. If this is her last fight, then I pray strength of spirit and heart and body for her and above all, peace. I guess I am too much also of an optimist. One never knows until we know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do know that Chery knows she is loved and that is a credit to ALL of you who love her so much and have been so supportive of her all this time. How blessed she has been to be loved so much and have sweet little Alex, "Oma's Angel" and Jamie and Dan. I hope when my time comes, I can be as brave and strong as Chery. She inspires me. I love each of you and I know our love for one another gives each of us strength to go through each struggle in this life. Each of us have given a bit of ourselves to Chery, just like we did to Jo and they and we are richer for it. I love you.
    You are right Rebbie.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2009, 01:27 PM
    Thank you for the updates Stinger. Rebbie, you got it right! I am also thankful for all the great advice and love from Chery, she definitely changed my life for the better, no doubt about it! I am happy for any time she set aside for me, as well as the time she set aside to help others! XXOO, love you lot's Chery!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2009, 04:14 AM

We know you're in good hands, Chery. Get well soon!
    Business Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 09:21 PM

I received this email from Jaime yesterday, I had trouble getting on the site until today.

A little good news though, Chery is doing a little better...

"Mom's better, since her meds have been adjusted. I don't know how long she'll be in the hospital until they have a place for her in an Hospitz (it's like a nursing home) she'll have 24 hrs. care that she needs. But, that's all up to her and if they'll let her bring Larry, have Internet and cable TV. You know Mom and she doesn't have many wishes. The family is doing as good as can be now, it is a big re-leave for me that Dan's back and he watches Alex when I'm in the hospital with Mom."

"You and Marta take care, and I'll keep you posted."

Jaime

Go Chery !

Stringer
    Pets Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 09:22 PM

That's great news Stringer.

Thanks for letting us know. :)
    Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 09:25 PM
    Sounds good. Thanks for the update Stringer. Chery and her family are in my prayers.
    Business Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 09:28 PM
    That's great news Stringer.

Thanks for letting us know. :)
    I read it twice, I was so excited that she was doing better J.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2009, 11:31 PM

I was afraid of the worst, but it all came out better! Thanks for the update Stringer!

Yay Momma C! Don't give up! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For our sweet Chery [ 1181 Answers ]

For Chery aka Momma C, Starbuck8 aka Starby and I have been talking about doing this for a while, so here it goes. Chery, we hope you don't mind. As many of you may know, Chery has terminal cancer, and she’s recently taken a turn for the worse. Chery has been a member of AMHD for many...

Should I buy a Chery car? [ 4 Answers ]

We are looking at buying a new car and have trawled the showrooms lately. We saw a Chery - Chinese car which was very cheap and had all sorts of fancy gizmos: movie screens in rear seats and one at front in the middle (could be a bit dangerous? ); 2.4litre engine; sunroof; blah blah blah. ...

Chery? [ 7 Answers ]

Anyone hear from Chery?? It's been MONTHS!! Can we all try and contact and let her know were thinking about her. I know she's had some stuff going going I nher life.

Welcome Back Chery! [ 7 Answers ]

It's really nice to see you posting on here again. I hope everything went well for you, and that you will soon be your old self again! I really missed you.

View more questions Search