Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clarec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 03:22 AM
    At what age leagally can my daughter aged 7 leave to live with her father
    At what age can my daughter who is aged 7 leagally leave me her mum to live with her father
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clarec View Post
    At what age can my daughter who is aged 7 leagally leave me her mum to live with her father
    When the courts decide that she can move. A child can never just decide to move to the other parents home. Custody has to be modified only by the court. The court will take the child's wishes into consideration, but they do not just move the child because the child wants to be with the other parent.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 06:44 AM
    As her mother you can also go to court with an agreement with the father for a change of custody, if you feel the child's best interest are to live with her father.

If you and the father come to an agreement that weighs highly with the courts. It will have more weight than what the child wants, if the adults agree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father wants to emancipate full time college son aged 21 [ 6 Answers ]

My exhusband wants to emancipate our 21 year old son. He is a full time college student and still lives with me when not in school-- summers, brks, etc. I guess he wants to do this to quit paying child support. Can he do this?

Father! Marcelino montalvo. A daughter in need of her real father [ 14 Answers ]

Ok I now you hear this a lot but I am looking for my father.. I haven't seen him since I was a couple of months.. but when I was 16 and ranaway I saw him at the best buy in kendall Florida.. but I didn't say anything to him. I regret it and I just want him in my life. His name is marcelino...

What can I do while leagally sepereated? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is filing for a Legal separation in CA. I was wondering once I receive that judgement will either of us be able to date someone else? Or do I need a divorce if I chose to move on and date someone? I am not looking to date at this moment just wondering what my rights are. We are trying to...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

View more questions Search