Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheetal0202 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 04:07 AM
    Investment analysis
    A colleague argues that the resource a firm owns already should not be considered in investment analysis . Do you agree
    manik chand dey Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Aug 22, 2008, 02:11 AM
    In investment analysis, one does not required to consider sunk costs which has already been incurred by the firm. For example though preliminary expenditure to start a firm is a resource owned by the firm, should not be considered, rather to be written off over the reasonable period. as it is a sunk cost.

On the other hand, existing assets (for ex: machinery in workable condition) which have a revenue generating potential for the firm should be considered while analysing any new investment opportunities because cash flows from the new opportunity might get affected by the cash flow from existing assets(resources owned by the firm).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Psychics analysis... [ 5 Answers ]

Born on 31.1.85 been with my fiancée (born 2.4.84) for nearly 4 yrs. Been trying for children for 2yrs. Just wanted to know if you can see us having children together. If any more information is required please let me know. Thank you.

Ratio analysis [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to aski, what limitations I must consider of doing a ratio analysis in the construction sector. Thakn you, Poularaki

Case Analysis [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know any sites that can give me a some info on accounting cases, as well as some of the possible scenarios/issues that one may encounter in them?

Ratio Analysis [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me please with this question? The lenders of X have asked you to prepare the following ratios for the company from their comparative financial statements. They are concerned about Soukup’s ability to continue as a going concern. The ratios are as follows: Year 2003 ...

View more questions Search