Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ranlas Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2006, 09:25 PM
    Buffer Overrun Detected
    I have just reinstalled Win.XP Pro.And I want to reinstall Photoshop Album Starter Edition,but when I try to open it I get :-Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Buffer overrun detected!
    Program:... n\3.0\Apps\Photoshop Album Starter Edition.exe
    A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state.
    The program cannot safely continue and must now be terminated.
    I don't seem to be able to find an answer to this.
    Can anybody assist?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 30, 2006, 06:52 AM
    Uninstall the program as completely as you can. Then try reinstalling.

Oct 30, 2006, 04:44 PM
    Thank's Scott,
    I have Uninstalled completely and have installed from different places,like Adobe,Cnet etc. All without success.So I suspect that the program is not at fault,but Windows. As I had a fair few niggling problems I clean reinstalled the OS. I fixed all my previous problems, like, Autoplay that could not be repaired and things like that,but it seems I have got one problem instead.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 30, 2006, 06:10 PM
    This is a downloaded program? It may be a problem in the download.

Oct 30, 2006, 07:11 PM
    The Program downloads OK, I think it must be in the installation but I have no idea what to look for.
    I just downloaded the ( Adobe Photoshp Album Starter Edition ) program from Adobe on a spare PC, downloaded and installed,no problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Secondary master not detected in bios [ 5 Answers ]

Bios does not detect secondary master in boot up although does show it on my computer and shows working properly. Having brought the system brand new I changed the dvd combi drive for a dvd rom and separate dvd writer and both function perfectly well during operation. All cables are connected...

Buffer problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea how to start with this problem. Please teach me step by step in detail. Here is the probrem; One of the factors for maintaining blood pH is the ratio of /. Knowing that the sum concentration of biocarbonate and carbon dioxide in blood is 0.0252M and that the pKa for the...

The file you attempted to send has been detected as potentially unsafe [ 1 Answers ]

I get an error from MSN Messenger 7.5 when sending a URL that says "The file you attempted to send has been detected as potentially unsafe and was not sent". Is there any way to copy multiple links (favorites) from Windows Explorer and paste them in MSN Messenger?

Making buffer solutions [ 1 Answers ]

How do I prepare 50 mL of a .10M sodium bicarbonate/sodium carbonate buffer by weighing out and dissolving equimolar amounts of sodium bicarbonate and sodium carbonate in order to measure their pH?

Buffer solution [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to do a buffer solution of sodium hydrogen phosphate and sodium dihydrogen phosphate but they won't dissolve. My solvent is H20 and both are soluble in water. Why would this be? What could be wrong?

View more questions Search