Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimiking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 08:47 PM
    10 year old boy with hot flashes
    My 10 year old boy is suffering from what appears to be hot flashes. They are particularly bad at night. This has been going on for about 2-3 months. He has also suddenly been suffering from migraine headaches for the same time. Is there a connection and/or should I be worried that there is a more serious cause? His pediatrician dr. said it could just be dehydration because it was very hot here this summer. None of our other kids have this problem. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 01:06 AM
    Hi, mimiking!

Have you taken this child to another doctor for a second opinion?

Thanks!
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Nov 10, 2009, 11:24 AM

You said the hot flashes come mostly at night? - This might sound like a long shot, but my sister gets "hot flashes", and headaches after eating things that have MSG in them, she has some sort of allergy to it. She was fine with MSG when she was younger, then started developing these symptoms when she was around 12 or 13. Have you noticed your sons symptoms becoming worse after meal times?
    cmaciii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 05:04 AM
    My son is having these same issues, but he's having them throughout the day as well as at night. What is message? Did you mean MSG?
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

May 17, 2012, 07:25 AM
    cmaciii - I did write 'msg' - don't know how it turned to message...
    Shl312 Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jul 11, 2012, 07:46 AM
    Well I don't really know but try visiting anOther doctor for another answer
    Mobley119 Posts: 142, Reputation: 6

Jul 13, 2012, 01:15 AM
    I would definitely get a second opinion. It sounds like what happens to my husband with his hyperthyroidism. Allergies is a very good possibility as well. Hope everything turns out okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 9-year old has hot flashes [ 2 Answers ]

My 9-year old daughter is experiencing several hot flashes a day. She is year's from starting her mentraul cycle. She is very petite for her age. Any suggestions of what these hot flashes could mean?

Hot flashes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am 48 and have been having the most awdul hot flashes for the past 2 to 3 weeks, but the strange thing is, is that my daughter who is 8 is also getting them. I too have had a bad stomach ache and she says she too has this. Could we have swine flu?

Hot Flashes in an 8 year old girl [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 8 years old. For the past week she has been experiencing what I can only explain as hot flashes. She also become very flushes when this happens. She is an overweight child but other then that seems to be healthy. What could be causing this?

Eye flashes [ 3 Answers ]

My eyesight seems to be getting worse. I see flashes of light in the forms of 1/2 circles. I have been to eye doctors and they say I have healthy eyes. What to do?

Hot flashes [ 2 Answers ]

I've been expreincing hot flashes. Like I ture bright red and start sweating out of no where our house is freezing we walk around with blankets and the kids ware footed pjs when we are just around the house because I can't stand to be hot and here latly I have been having heat flashes. My face and...

View more questions Search