Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karis_sharpe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2004, 06:20 PM
    Canine Cavities
    I have a 5 month old Golden Retriever puppy.. and when he was teething during the last two months... some of his teeth we not loose enough to fall out on their own very easily... but eventually they fell out. One tooth in particular ( one of the upper canines ) did not fall out until it was almost rotten and the new tooth had almost completely come in. A few days ago I noticed a brown stain on the new canine.. and just today I have noticed that there is kind of a crator in that brown area... his tooth is rotting like a cavity.. so do dogs get fillings? If so how much does this procedure cost? Please help - Karis
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2004, 08:32 PM
    Re: Canine Cavities
    It is done, but I never heard of it in a 5 month old. I have no idea what it costs. I would be very surprised if it is much less than you would pay a dentist to fill your tooth.

Have you been feeding it a good diet? Goldens and other large, joint problem prone breeds should be switching to an AAFCO tested adult, dry dog food at 5 months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Canine ear hematoma [ 1 Answers ]

My 11 year old chocolate Labrador developed an ear hematoma in her left ear. She previously had the same problem in her right ear and at that time we had it drained and stitched closed in what I can best describe as a quilted pattern with many stitches. This time we had it drained and immobilized...

Canine Arthritis [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 13 yr old miniature beagle that, lately , has been suffering from arthritis. I was wondering if anyone knows any treatments that I can provide for her myself. I am aware of some of the medicinal treatments.

View more questions Search