Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bikerjohn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 07:39 PM
    Getting through the 'firewall' in Win98 Internet Connection Sharing
    I have a wireless network where every computer in the house can see all the rest except one (for which I have not purchased a wireless card for). That one is hard wired to a Win98 SE machine that I have enabled internet connection sharing on. (The client computer to the Win98se machine also has a printer on it).

The Win98se machine is working just fine doing it's ICS business. I can print on the printer of the client computer hard wired to it, and the other computers on the network can see the Win98se machine shared drives.

BUT no computer on the wireless network can see the printer or shared drives on the hard wired client computer. The Win98se machine is acting like a GREAT firewall (one I don't want!). I have no 3rd party firewall software on the Win98se machine.

How can I 'open' the Win98se machine so every computer in the house can see the client/printer computer, and the client/printer computer can see all the rest of the network beyond the Win98se machine? (Funny, I can see the whole internet from the client/printer computer, but not the network in between it and the outside world.

Thanks for your help!
    chris051873 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 05:51 PM
    Did you set a username and password on the win 98 machine and logon to it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharing Directories over VPN Connection [ 2 Answers ]

I have no problems connecting and athenicating from XP client to my W2K server via VPN, but cannot see any files even through the local network connection before the router. Try and find this one in technet, seems the only resource discusses the VPN setup connection only and nothing about...

Sharing internet connection on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

Wireless internet sharing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to set up a wireless LAN that connects two computers. I have a D-Link AirPLus G wireless router that connects to my ADSL modem. A D-Link wireless card on the laptop and a TP-Link wireless card on the desktop. I logged on to internet using my laptop first, and it worked, but then when I...

Cable connection sharing with a hub/switch [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a cable internet connection and want to share it with my three pcs all having windows xp , I have three cat5 cables and a 5- port switch , my broadband modem is a motorola surfboardsb 5100 usbcable modem, I tried to connect all of my pcs but not success , I run a set of setting a home...

Internet Sharing Q [ 3 Answers ]

Me again. So many questions, so little time :P Anyway. Here's my existing setup. We have a network in our place. 2 PC's directly connected to a router, three connected to a switch upstairs. We use this tp access the internet. And all that works fine. But my girlfriend is often using her...

View more questions Search