Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    535james1986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 08:58 PM
    Factory settings
    How do you reboot your laptop to its original factory settings without a back up disc?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 09:21 PM

What model laptop? No recovery discs came with the laptop?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 09:46 AM

If you had a recovery partition it would do the trick. However if you have neither discs or the recovery partition then you would have to do a fresh install. You would back up all your drivers, erase everything on the hard drive, and reinstall your OS. Any other programs you wanted you'd have to find elsewhere. It may not be exactly the same as when it left the store, but if you can find all the original programs, then its pretty much the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens when I restore my laptop to factory settings? [ 3 Answers ]

Currently I have everything backed up that I need to that is on my Toshiba laptop. I want to delete all the programs that I have installed on the laptop since I bought it, due to lack of memory left. But I am not sure of which programs I really need. So I thought I would restore it to the factory...

Reset computer back to factory settings [ 3 Answers ]

I was trying to clean up my computer and did a recovery. Now all my files are gone, it won't let me restore to a previous time and I can't even get online.

Reboot to factory settings. [ 4 Answers ]

How do you reboot your laptop to its original factory settings without a back up disc?

How Do I Reboot My computer to factory settings? [ 4 Answers ]

I want to reboot my computer, I've given up on trying to fix it, I own a laptop Hp pavilion dv4000. I have two disc that I think might be the ones I need but I am not sure, One is Application and Driver Recovery DVD I tried it but all it did was reinstall a bunch of programs, I want my...

Re set my laptop to factory settings [ 3 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me how to reset a laptop to its factory setting if you have none of the original discs all I have is the laptop and want to get rid of all the excess junk on it

View more questions Search