Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

Sep 19, 2009, 04:11 PM
    Can't make sense of what a close friend said
    I'm not sure how I should take what a very close friend of mine recently told me.

I was telling Marge (not her real name) about another girlfriend of mine who was starting to avoid me. (of which I posted about not too long ago)

When I told Marge the part where my close friend who's been cold said, "Please Dincher, don't let your imagination make problems where there arent' any" - Marge pretty much told me that she feels that this person has - how can I say it, an 'attraction' towards me. :confused:

But I told Marge that this doesn't make any sense - based on that line? How can that line give things away?

So Marge tells me, "Dincher, think about it". I said, no, why don't you just elaborate? But she just changed the subject.

What do you guys think? I think Marge has gone off her rocker, but I wonder why she'd make a comment like that. It's not like she's dumb, she's an engineer in charge of her department at work. But she feels that this person who is avoiding me has an "attraction". I can't make any sense of it. If she did, why avoid me? Doesn't even make sense. What's worse is why Marge would make such a comment.

By the way, I'm female, so hope this makes sense.
    j_ely823 Posts: 118, Reputation: 5

Sep 19, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Do you think it would be possible for you to simplify this story a little more.. Im not comprehending the interactions among people.

Sep 19, 2009, 08:05 PM

Sorry about this - yeah it was complicated to read lolol

Basically, I'm having a problem where a former close friend has stopped talking to me. When I approached the person, she pretty much told me that there isn't a problem and to stop letting my imagination run wild thinking about making problems where there are none.

But the fact is that she IS avoiding me - in fact, it's obvious she is, only she denies it every time I approach her about it.
    So basically, I decided to leave her alone. I stopped looking for her.

Now I tell another girlfriend (marge) about this person's behavior, and why we're no longer hanging out, and Marge tells me that it looks like the girl who's avoiding me is "attracted" to me - as her behavior is telling. What is especially telling is the fact she said, "Don't let your imagination run wild and make problems where there aren't any".

So I told Marge, well, what do you mean by that? She (the girl who's avoiding me) is not gay and neither am I. But Marge just left me with "think about it" Dincher.

So I'm asking you guys what did Marge mean by that comment as she didn't elaborate further and if you guys would respond like she did. How can that one liner indicate that the girl who's avoidng me could be attracted to me. That's ridiculous. Or is it?
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 08:42 PM

My friend told me that before. When I asked him to elaborate he said that don't think too much about it because you don't know how the other person feels because you are not them. They might be mad at you, like you, too busy... there are tons of reasons.

Sep 19, 2009, 09:01 PM

The point is I'm noit sure how someone telling me "don't let your imagination make problems where there aren't any" can even hint that someone is attracted to another. I think it was ridiculous for someone to think this much more comment it as advice.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 20, 2009, 08:14 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ou-384311.html

You are still having a problem wrapping your head around the actions and motives of another. She can only give her perspective on any given situation, with the facts you give her, that you know of any way.

I think your making a big thing out of a small things and your getting carried away by someone's actions you can't explain.

Maybe the girl is just crazy, or eccentric, who really knows, and maybe she doesn't know either. But what is telling is your obsession over it. Let it go, and just accept that's the way she is.

That's your solution. Not continuing to search for answers that know one knows.

The root of the problem is that the person has not addressed your issues, so now your tripping on them. Sometimes there are no answers, just the way you deal with the unknown, that really counts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can anyone make sense from this? [ 95 Answers ]

Basically me and my now ex girlfriend went out for 6 months, and one time after arguing with her sister and mum, we broke up for no apparent reason, afterwards she would ring and text me, and say that I deserved better etc. After she spoke to her friends they told her that she was the happist...

Trying to Make Sense of It all [ 112 Answers ]

So here I sit at work - browsing the Internet for a definitive answer, but I have come to realize there is no definitive answer to my question. Here is the background: All is fine and well in my life - great boyfriend of 4 years, great family and a few great friends (which I have done on...

Trying to make sense of it [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the scenario - which as I write I already know what advice I will likely receive but its more trying to make sense of it that I need help with. My partner and I had our first child 6 months ago (both in our late 30'w). When I was 5 months pregnant he announces that he doesn't feel in...

Does this make sense to anyone. [ 13 Answers ]

This confuses me, so maybe I should stop thinking about it... Maybe someone can understand it... How can someone tell you things such as "I still have very strong feelings for you", "I am miserable constantly becuase your gone now", "I know im making a mistake by leaving you" and "I still think...

It doesn't make sense [ 4 Answers ]

Our home was remodeled in 1968, at that tome there was a garage under the house, which we closed off and made into a basement. I have no idea how the drains were done. Now, after all these years our basements has water backing up from the drains ( Not the ones for sewage, thank God. What should be...

View more questions Search