Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pablo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2004, 08:07 AM
    New mother/kitten
    Hi - :o)
    My cat, who is a kitten herself (8 months old), gave birth to three babes two and a half weeks ago.
    Beforehand, she was a typical kitten, always bouncing around and jumping on the bed, on your lap etc: and ever since the birth, she has been a lot quieter, walking a few steps and just collapsing on her side anywhere! Now I do understand that this may just be a trait for new mums, I just wondered if this was normal behaviour, as I think the world of her.She's a great mum and the babes are coming alone fine. I rang the vet to ask if I could feed her something other than kitten food, because she seems hungry but just picks at her kitten food, whereas while she was pregnant, she wolfed it down! It's the same food as we've always given her. He said to try chicken, tuna, anything she fancied (within obvious reason), so I tried chicken and tuna and she showed more enthusiasm, but is still flaking out.I suppose it's just because she has 3 hungry sets of teeth on her belly a lot of the day?? The vet didn't suggest vitamins, and I never thought to ask. What do you think? Many thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

New kitten [ 4 Answers ]

I adopted a kitten from a shelter 6 days ago. She is in my bedroom and I have put food out for her and a kitty litter pan. She uses the pan and eats all her food but I never see her. I think she is hiding under my bed, but I can't find her. I go in the room and read to her and talk to her, but I...

My cat had a kitten~~~~ [ 3 Answers ]

And it died.. it came out butt first and my friend told me that she is still in labor b.c she keep walking around the house a lot and puring and then mowing then growing does this sound like she is still in labor or was there just 1 kitten? Please help me ASAP:confused: :confused: :confused:

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

I want another kitten! [ 9 Answers ]

Ok I already have one kitten.. she will be a yr old on July 15! Her name is Tinx.. She is my baby.. she is so spoiled! But I want to get another kitten so Tinx has someone to play with while we are away at work! The only problem she doesn't seem to get along very well with other cats.. I guess...

Mother cat/newborn kitten question [ 2 Answers ]

Our cat gave birth to 5 kittens 11 days ago. All of them look very healthy and active. We have them in a very large rubber container 4 feet long/2 feet wide/2 feet tall that the mother can easily jump out of when she needs a break. We also have bedding on the bottom. We have fed the mother 2-3...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.