Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tookind123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 08:51 PM
    My best friend doesn't treat me like I treat her; how do I confront her?
    Dear listener,
    This morning, my best friend woke me up with a call. She literally told me to meet her at her school without asking if I felt better (I have the flu; she could easily tell with my changed voice). Curiously, I asked why she wanted me to come; she said "i really need my debit card, im returning a textbook and today is the last day. Come and ill get 150 bucks back and we can go see a movie or something. Oh and bring me those brown shoes...my feet hurt in the shoes im wearing." I took the invitation and went on my way, sick or not sick to give my best friend her debit card.
    One hour and thirty minutes later; I arrived at her school. Mind you, my adventure of getting to her; I was repeatedly texting her... with no responses. Thirty minutes go by; she calls (while Im in the washroom). "Where are you?" she says. I end up meeting her at the School Bookstore. She then, returns her book and receives her money. All excited and giggly, she says "Lets go to the mall!" An hour later, we arrive in the mall. "I need to get shoes!!" she says. Here's something you should know, when my best friend has money; especially free money (yes free because this was suppose to be her grandmas return money) she goes all crazy about it and wants... NEEDS to spend it all in a day.
    Moving on, we end up at the shoe store for an hour or even more. I was so uncomfortable; sneezing and coughing. Asking me which shoes look the cuties. "I just gave you the shoes i brought..and yesterday i gave u those yellow ones. You don't need shoes. If anything just get the boots..and we can go to the movies some other day; save your money." I repeatedly said. Ignoring me again.
    After leaving the store; my best friend had bought: a pair of boots, a purse and two pairs of shoes... All equaling to $130. She then asks if I'm hungry; I rejected her offer mainly because I was upset. We then went to a different store and she ended up getting a sweater for $20 bucks. Then she asked if I could wait abit until her ride came.. said we could chill and talk till then. Never happend; all she did was put my makeup on. When I left her; she said she would call in a minute. Never happened. I don't know if she's doing this on purpose.

Ok so that was two hours ago. I just called her. She is on her way camping. Didn't want to ruin her night. But honestly, how should I confront her about how I feel?

p.s this isn't the first time she's done anything like this. We have been bestfriends for 8 years. Help... help... :confused::(

Sincerely,
    Tookind
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 19, 2009, 11:07 AM

She is who she is, so just say no when you can't do as she wants you to.
    blondndisguise5 Posts: 78, Reputation: 7

Sep 19, 2009, 11:38 AM

Its hard to confront friends esp when you know they might not react well and might not even change. The best thing to do is grow a back bone and say no. NO I will not come to school when I'm sick, NO u can not use my make. NO you can not borrow my shoes. And when she says something stand up for yourself and you don't even have to approach her about it because it'll put her on the defensive just casually make comments like when she called you asking where you had been after ud been texting her you should have said "hey, look i have been texting you and u need to get off my back" or something. This girl needs to put in line. My advice though, get some other friends closer to you before you do this so you have people to bounce back on
    tookind123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 11:48 AM

Wow. Thank you both for your advice. Appreciate it major. Its not easy; but I will succeed. <3
    blondndisguise5 Posts: 78, Reputation: 7

Sep 19, 2009, 11:49 AM

Keep us posted :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My son doesn't treat me right [ 7 Answers ]

Hi , I'm from the uk , I am amother to a 18yr old boy ,I split with his father when he wa6 he lived with me till he was 15 then decided to move I with his father , he doesn't like me at all, I don't know why I have never raised a hand to him , or treated him bad , his fatehr hates me, and I left...

Why does he treat me this way [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I live in the house that I bought. It was his idea to buy the house. But because of immature decisions he was arrested for DUI's and served 15 months in prison. I paid all the bills for the last year including his. He's been out of prison since may and he promised me a major...

How should I treat this? [ 7 Answers ]

I can't eat a lot of soild foods. By this I mean I my body will only let me digest only a little bit. I can barely eat a sandwich with ham,bread and cheese without feeling like I ate way too much and getting sick. But for some strange reason I can drink a lot of drinks. I can drink a lot of soda I...

Why does he treat me like this? [ 4 Answers ]

ive been seeing my boyfriend now for a year and a half, at first everything was great, he was so kind and always spoiling me and was really affectionate but most importantly i could talk to him about anything; he was my best friend. but now he just doesnt seem to care, he complains and twists his...

How do I treat my ex? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been looking through the posts on this site, which have been helpful, but am looking for some advice on my particular situation. We dated for about 6 months and then my ex broke up with me (very amicable break up, my ex just thought that we didn't click). We see each other every day as we...

View more questions Search