Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nimra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 10:26 AM
    I live in pakistan and I want to know a simple and cheap way to reduced my facemelani
    Hi I live in pakistan and I want to know a cheap and easy way to get reduced my face melenin pigment
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 18, 2009, 02:16 PM

While you are waiting for an answer, it may help you to read through the threads and see what others have tried. It is very difficult to recommend something because not everyone's experience is the same.

You may find what works for some won't work for others, so it may be just a case of seeing what interests you and trying it yourself. But very importantly, as you live in pakistan high sun protection is priority, if you are not already doing it.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 18, 2009, 02:21 PM

Personally for me, everything that I use is fairly expensive, so I cannot recommend anything that isn't going to cost you, but maybe someone else may have a suggestion for you. Good Luck.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Sep 19, 2009, 07:07 AM

The sun is probably the culprit.

You will need to use two products in order to eradicate the excessive pigmentation.

1) You will need a good quality sunblock. This will help block out the suns harsh rays.

2) A lightening cream. Look for something that contains arbutin, mulberry, niacinamide or kojic acid in.
    I know in India & Pakistan, you are never short on skin lightening creams so I'm sure you will find something sooner rather than later.

Also, you could try using an exfoliator twice a week. This helps a lot.

Good luck!
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 10:31 AM
    I agree. I really like the Neutrogena sunblock spf 85. I not familiar with the skin products in Pakistan.

Sep 19, 2009, 12:47 PM

Fair & Lovely is the probably the most popular skin lightening product in India & Pakistan but not sure it's that good. Their active ingredient is Niacinamide and licorice. But I'm pretty sure they have much better products out there in the market. :)
    Not tried the sunblock from Neutrogena, but read some good stuff about it. :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 01:09 PM
    I have fallen in love with the Neutrogena sunblock. They even now make spf 90 and 100, I haven't tried those yet, but what I like is that it always worked for me, it absorbs great with no residue, and it's inexpensive.

About the Fair & Lovely, best to stay clear away from it as their active ingredient is Mercurous chloride. The product contains "0.304 ± 0.316 μg/g, in the range of 0.102-0.775μg/g" (micrograms), which will cause damage to the kidneys, liver, and brain.

Does low mercury containing skin-lightening cream (fair & lovely) affect the kidney, liver, and brain of female mice?
    DOES LOW MERCURY CONTAINING SKIN-LIGHTENING CREAM (FAIR & LOVELY) AFFECT THE KIDNEY, LIVER, AND BRAIN OF FEMALE MICE?; Cutaneous and Ocular Toxicology - 24(1):Pages 11-29 - Informa Healthcare
    De-brownification - Ultrabrown

Sep 21, 2009, 03:52 AM

I have read something like that about Fair & Lovely. However it makes you think a cream this popular in the far east surely can't get away with the mercury content?
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 02:35 PM
    I don't know? Maybe, maybe not. The only way to know 100% is to have it tested by a lab
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Sep 21, 2009, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    I don't know? Maybe, maybe not. The only way to know 100% is to have it tested by a lab
    I've used the fair and lovely, still have some left.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by so sexy View Post
    I've used the fair and lovely, still have some left.
    Was it gentle on the skin?
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Sep 22, 2009, 09:06 AM

Sunblock believ it or not.. makes me darker and tanned through the day... until I wash it off...

Also makes me sweat like crazyyyyy... so I can't deal with it anymore apart from the fake white powderish look...

Instead have been using lemon and glycerin while otuside.. this actually is a mix that bleaches your skin more when out in the sun !

That way I hope to prevent a tan.. can't deal with sublock anymore !
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    Sunblock believ it or not .. makes me darker and tanned through the day... until i wash it off ...

also makes me sweat like crazyyyyy.... so i can't deal with it anymore apart from the fake white powderish look...

instead have been using lemon and glycerin while otuside.. this actually is a mix that bleaches your skin more when out in the sun !

that way i hope to prevent a tan.. can't deal with sublock anymore !
    Imgorgeous have you ever tried the Neutrogena sunblock? I love it because it doesn't leave a white residue on the face or a powdery look, it absorbs really well in the skin and a couple of minutes later no one will know you have it on. All of the other sunblocks that I tried in the past made my face look like I was wearing baby powder rubbed on my face and it was so hard to rub in until I just stopped wearing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non simple answers to simple Yes/no questions. [ 18 Answers ]

Not knowing exactly where to put this, I'll try relationships: Alult male son and elderly mother. I'll start by an example: It's bedtime and, the kitchen light is currently on and her pills are usually on the kitchen table. Son asks, "Mom, do you need to come back into the kitchen?" ...

Pakistan Nukes [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: The dufus should NOT have pre-empitively attacked Iraq when he did, cause they had NO WMD's. But, months ago when Pakistan, who DOES HAVE WMD's. Was under a different leadership, the dufus could and SHOULD have pre-emptively invaded Pakistan to protect the nukes. But he didn't. He...

How to reduced same off my hips and can they be reduced after all? [ 3 Answers ]

hi well I have have a problem with big hips same people told me they can not be reduced we I jog I tryout creams and it did not work well I don't want to be with out hips but I what to take a bit off what can I do?? :confused:

After my delevery I have reduced weight, my tummy is not reduced [ 1 Answers ]

I got my kid 1.5 yrs back I have reduced my weight, but my tummy is not reduced.

What's really going on in Pakistan? [ 1 Answers ]

I originally posted this in the Introductions forum in response to a new member from Pakistan Ahmad Bikal, but it's really a general question for discussion, so I reposted here.

View more questions Search