Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    619bolts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 12:38 AM
    how to find max revenue
    what will be the max revenue if I am given 800+60x-x^2
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Sep 18, 2009, 04:59 AM
    Assuming that what you've written is your Revenue (as a function of x units sold), first note that it's a quadratic with a negative leading coefficient. That means that its graph opens downward, and so its vertex represents its maximum value. Rewrite that quadratic into vertex form, and the y-coordinate of the vertex represents maximum Revenue. (And of course, the x-coordinate will tell you the number of units at which max Rev is achieved.)

Alternatively, take the first derivative of the Revenue function, and find the x-value which makes the derivative function equal to zero. Evaluate the Revenue function at this particular x-value, and you have your max Revenue.

(Or just for grins, do it both ways and make sure you produce the same result.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find the maximum revenue? [ 5 Answers ]

the question is: A landlord owns an apaertment building. When the rent for each apartment is $700 per month, all 100 apartments are rented. The landlord estimates that each $100 increase in the monthly rent will result in 10 apartments becoming vacant with no chance of being rented. What monthly...

Revenue [ 1 Answers ]

I earned $83.00 interest on my company bank account for the month of May. Is this considered revenue for the month of May?

View more questions Search