Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lillix167 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 08:25 PM
    My parents died and now I have trouble making decisions.
    My parents died about five years ago. I did my best to grieve and move on with my life but now I am finding that I have trouble making decisions about what to do with my life. My mother always helped me with the hard questions and now that she is gone and feel stuck. My parents passing away at such a young age taught me that life is short, so I don't want to make the wrong choices. But it also made me afraid to make any decision about what to do with my life. In times like these going to college is so important to being able to support yourself but I don't want to shell out a bunch of money and choose the wrong career path. Without my parents to fall back on it makes the decision more stressful. How do I move on with my life and make a decisions for myself without being so afraid?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 17, 2009, 08:35 PM

Let me first say I am sorry to hear you lost your parents. The lost of a friend or relative can be hard but both parents is such a blow. 5 years may seem like a long time but not with grief. I lost a daughter at the age of 15. Our whole family eventually decided to go for grief counseling at a pastoral counseling center. 6 months later we felt like we were getting along with life better. 2 years later I went back, I wasn't better. It takes time, sometimes a lot of time for grief to die down to where it doesn't control some of your decisions. You will get there, maybe, if you are open to it, some sort of grief counseling would help you, it did help me.
    loveyoubaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2011, 09:27 PM
    Life is all about taking chances and following you heart. Life is short so love strong and experience what you can with the time you are given. There is no wrong decision just learning experiences and how will you know what is right for you unless you know what you don't want. Believe in yourself as much as I believe in you. Ben
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2011, 12:07 PM

This thread is from 2008 - there are more recent threads on the same subject.

Please keep an eye on the dates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Past experience in childhood relating to decisions I'm making now [ 1 Answers ]

A friend recently got in touch with me from my old neighborhood where I lived from age 6 to about 11. I haven't even thought about that time in my life for so long. But talking to her really brought back memories and it got me thinking. Those are really important developmental years in a persons...

Making research decisions [ 1 Answers ]

Assume you are a manufacturer of a small kitchen electrics, like Hamilton Beach/Proctor Silex and you want to determine if some innovative designs with unusual shapes and colors developed for the European market could be successfully marketed in the U.S market. What qualitative research would you...

Shared custody - ex making decisions w/out discussion [ 6 Answers ]

My ex and I have a shared custody legal agreement. She has decided, without discussing with me, to enroll my child in a catholic school. She is designated the custodial parent. I am against this idea for various reasons that I believe I can justify. Does this qualify as contempt of court? How...

The day my parents died [ 5 Answers ]

I need to find a country song title about 7 to 10 years ago I think,it about a little girl whose father kills her mother and himself but she hides behind the couch and she`s in church and "that man on the cross came down and held my hand the day my parents died:)

Parents stupid decisions [ 9 Answers ]

Hey Right now I'm living in Qld and my parents decided they're going to move me and my family over to WA (on the other side of Australia) The problem is a couple of months ago my boyfriend moved in to my place from brisbane but he's not going to move to WA If I go we decided were going to have...

View more questions Search