Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doris1022 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Ice dispenser door is not shutting good and causing frost
    How do I get the door to stay closed securely? I have a kenmore side by side, with the ice maker and dispenser in the door. Frost is building up around the opening of the ice maker. I cleaned all this ice off and the door is still not shutting.
    Mishka1 Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Sep 17, 2009, 09:55 AM

You are probably not getting a good seal around the door, allowing warm moist air to freeze on the side wall causing frost. Is the door closing well by itself? Meaning, is the unit tilted back far enough to allow the door to swing shut by itself?
    If so, check your seal. Is it warped? It should be pliable. When you open the door, you should see the seal stretch a little due to the vacuum created by the seal. If it opens without any resistance, you are not getting a good seal.
    More than likely, you will need to order a new stripping to solve this problem.
    Here is a tutorial: How to Replace a Refrigerator Door Seal - wikiHow
    Doris1022 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishka1 View Post
    You are probably not getting a good seal around the door, allowing warm moist air to freeze on the side wall causing frost. Is the door closing well by itself? Meaning, is the unit tilted back far enough to allow the door to swing shut by itself?
    If so, check your seal. Is it warped? It should be pliable. When you open the door, you should see the seal stretch a little due to the vacuum created by the seal. If it opens without any resistance, you are not getting a good seal.
    More than likely, you will need to order a new stripping to solve this problem.
    Here is a tutorial: How to Replace a Refrigerator Door Seal - wikiHow
    Thank you for the information, I am speaking about the Ice dispenser door/flap not the main freezer door, sorry for the confusion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE side by side refrigerator; frost-free freezer freezes up causing fridge to warm [ 27 Answers ]

We have a GE frost-free side by side refrigerator with ice maker. It's 5 years old but for the past year+ we've been having problems with the freezer building up frost around the inside, and then the refrigerator doesn't get cold. I have to unplug everything, take the shelves out of the freezer...

Ge fridge sxs door water ice dispenser has no power [ 2 Answers ]

My GE fridge with the water and ice dispenser in the door does not work. The dispensers will not work. The light will not work. None of the lights on the choices work. It appears there is no power to the module. I have unplugged the fridge for 2 minutes to reset but still nothing.

GE Refrigerator In-door Water Dispenser [ 1 Answers ]

My side-by-side refrigerator is making ice, but no water flows through the dispenser. There is water flowing through the tubes that bring water to the refrigerator. My MWF SmartWater Filtration cartridge will be a year old in April. Could it be clogged? Should I replace the filter, or do I need...

Why does frost build up on ice dispenser shute [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool side by side refrigerator Mod.# ED22PWXDWOO For the last month are so I have noticed frost build up on my ice dispenser inside the door. It is where the ice comes out the hole going into the door.

View more questions Search