Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joskel5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 06:31 AM
    Sony cybershot DSC-W50 "access"
    When attempting to turn camera on, the word "access" flashes on screen then camera turns off. Anyone know what the problem is and how it can be solved?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2009, 06:40 AM
    You're not going to believe the solution but it's corroborated on two sites:

Access Probelm with DSC-W50 camera - FixYa

Camera Hacker: Forums:
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Sep 17, 2009, 08:38 AM

Before you try "whacking" your camera, try the other possible fixes (steps 3, 4, 5, 6 (tapping), and 7) outlined here:

Do It Yourself Digital Camera Repair: Fixing a Lens Error on a Digital Camera

If none of those work, then "whacking" is your solution of last resort, and it's better than nothing and just might work too. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SONY DAV-S500 Compact AV DVD System "Standby" [ 2 Answers ]

We own a SONY DAV-S500 Compact AV DVD System. Anyone familiar with this will understand that when you hit the power button, the system automatically goes into standby mode. Hitting eject and placing your DVD in the machine, and closing the tray, the system powers on in full power mode. Same as...

Wireless Router Connected but "Local" Access to Internet Only [ 1 Answers ]

I recently relocated where I had to change ISP. I am also recently divorced and my ex husband had the key to our Lynksis router, so I used an old verizon wireless to connect.. at the time my ISP was Time Warner, they're not available in my area and I am now using Comcast. Anyhow, I called tech...

Sony Z520a "No Network Service" [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Cingular Sony Z520a cell phone and suddenly it shows no bars and cannot find Cingular Network. I have a family plan and rest of my family members with the same phone are able to find the network. I have read elsewhere on cingular forums that many others are also facing the...

View more questions Search