Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acsnowrider Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 12:01 PM
    Replacing Heil N/Gas Downflow 100,000
    Would like to replace 20 year old furnace listed above, model # 867.766131/NDGG100DF02, to the newer 92% efficient CLOSE system furnaces. Does anyone know of a furnace/manufacture who builds one that will sit on my current base/plentum? Thanks John
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2006, 04:16 PM
    I'd need to know the demensions. Any furnace will work, you may need to pan of the plenum or coil box it sits on. Widths of furnaces change based on BTU and manufacturer. Is your Hiel furnace an 80+ or natural draft. If its 70% you will go to a 75,000 90+. If it's a 80+ you will put in a 90,000 BTU 90+. Hope this helps.
    acsnowrider Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 07:12 PM
    It's a old "flue" stle stack, rated at 100000 BTU (in 1985) and the base diamentions are 29" long x 20.5" wide. Furnace measurements are 27.75" long x 18.5" wide x 48" tall. The downdraft hole is 11.75" from the front, and measures 14.50" long, and 16.50" wide. I'm figuring that a 90,000 BTU rating would probably be enough, based on the newer ratings and efficient burn box designs And thank-you for the assistance John
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2006, 03:17 PM
    A 100,000 BTU natural draft furnace has aproximatly 72,000 BTU output. A new 90% efficient 75,000 BTU furnace will have an out put of 69,000 BTU. The difference of 3000 BTU will never be noticed. The furnace will run longer each cycle at most. But this is good. A furnace is least efficient when it short cycles, due to the way they warm up. Also the more it turns on and off will cause more wear than if it ran continuous. This is all providing the old furnace ran normal cycles and not all the time when it was very cold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heil blower problems [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has a Heil Comfortmaker 10. If the furnace has been off for awhile the blower motor works fine, but sometimes when the furnane kicks on the motor will only hum and when not blow even turned to on. I spinned the wheel but it still won't start. It will just set there and hum. The motor...

Theft Under 5,000 [ 5 Answers ]

So I pretty much rock, I'm 19 from BC canada- aprehended this evening for theft under 5,000. Its my first offence - I was picked up by the stores security - it was a USED shirt worth like 6 bucks ( using it for halloween didn't have any cash on me) security wrote up a bunch of paper work and...

Heil gas furnace won't blow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Heil heat/air gas pack(forced air) unit. It's about 20 years old, but it's been a great one. When I flip the t-stat to HEAT and AUTO I hear the unit outside firing up and I can see heat rising out of the vent, but the blower won't come on to push heat inside my house. When I turn the...

15,000 layer digital painting [ 3 Answers ]

Check this out. Absolutely incredible!: Don't look too quick... this is NOT a photograph. http://www.bertmonroy.com/fineart/text/fineart_damen.htm (be patient, it'll load slow) Be sure to scroll down to see the zooms.

Heil 92% H9MPDO75F12B Gas Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I had a Heil Gas Furnace installed and from the first day I notice that when the blower came on the air was on the cool side. After about 1 to 2 minutes the air became a little bit warmer but never got hot. My question is this normal or do I have a problem? Please let me know as soon as possible so...

View more questions Search