Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinionzero1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 04:27 PM
    Smell Under Kitchen Cabinet
    I also had a similar problem and through my investigation I found that when the home was built, the plumber stubbed in a clean-out during construction, but did not finish it through the wall to the outside. When the brick was applied the 2" PVC clean out rough-in was covered up with plywood. This 2" open pipe has been venting in my wall for 13 years. The smell would come and go, most noticeable during humid rainy weather. I have cut the hole in the exterior wall and finished the clean-out like the way it should have been done years ago when the house was built. ($2.50 for materials from home depot). I suppose it is easy to overlook an item like this during construction. I think the rough in plumber had a good idea by putting in a clean-out by the kitchen sink but didn't follow through.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 17, 2009, 03:36 AM
    You piggybacked on a thread that was years old so I gave you your own.
    You say you had a open pipe inside your wall. Was this a vent? Did you complete it and run it out the roof? You say " I finished the clean-out like the way it should have been done years ago when the house was built. ($2.50 for materials from home depot).". But failed to tell us what you have done. What about that "open pipe"? What did you do about that? Inquiring minds want to know! Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Cabinet Skins [ 6 Answers ]

I'm finishing installation of our new Shenandoah kitchen cabinets, and am mildly impressed with the quality and workmanship of these mid-priced big-box-store cabinets. I have a question, though, regarding the cabinet "skins" that were provided for each exposed cabinet end surface. There are skins...

Corner Kitchen Cabinet [ 8 Answers ]

I am planning a small kitchenette for my basement and would like to install a standard kitchen cabinet (18"W x 24"D x 34.4"H) in the corner. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Any suggestions on how best to pull this off? I know that I will end up with a decent amount of "dead" space (I...

Old smell in cabinet [ 4 Answers ]

We have a linen closet and a couple sets of cabinets that have an odor to them. It's not mold or any of the problem odors - just old and yucky smelling. Both are made of real wood with drywall in closet. Any suggestions regarding cleaning or keeping a cleaner smell?

Kitchen cabinet lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I've purchased hampton bay under cabinet lighting and the sets are limited to up to 200watts. If I have 2 sets can I splice the 3 setting dimmer switch to activate the 2 mutiple outlet strips?

View more questions Search