Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darino Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 11:39 PM
    Asking about a movie of combination of live-action and animation
    Dear all,

I'd like to ask about a movie I watched years ago. The movie is of combination of live-action and animation. I need your help to find the title and details.

Here are some clues :
    - the set is on a strange place of catasthrope, as if it was a remaining of battle ground
    - some objects appeared : guns, battle tank, ruins
    - main character #1 : a young man (made of live-action), he is a modern warrior/troop with weaponry
    - main character #2 : a young girl (made of 2D animation), she is a kid, I remember she always carries a doll with her
    - most of the movie is live-action, with only few character and/or object is animation
    - none of the animation is 3D, they are 2D
    - I remember a closing scene : the young man is aboard a moving vehicle (a flying ship, I think -but not sure) and the young girl is hopelessly chasing the ship (sad scene)
    - violence is minimal in this movie
    - I am not too sure about the year I watched it on TV, but at least not later than year 1995.

Sorry I have no clue about the main story/plot. Have no clue as to the style (eg. Japan anime) as well.

I searched everywhere but no useful clues. The wikipedia's list of movie of combination of live-action and animation does not help.

Could you help me please ? The movie is touching and sad.

Many thanks...
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Dec 9, 2009, 03:02 AM
    Try the movie

In the Aftermath
    Angel's Never Sleep

animated footage originally from
    the feature
    Angel's Egg

More Info
    Pics,Summary,Video Clip

--------------

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live action cartoon movie [ 3 Answers ]

What is the name of the live action cartoon movie about a girl trying to get to a jar of strawberries in a fantasy land that is from the 1980's?

What is this movie? Live action/cartoon from the 70s/80s. [ 2 Answers ]

I watched this movie a long time ago and I cannot for the sake of me remember what it was. It started with kids running home from school? And this one kid goes into his room to find a box in his room. He gets in it and it takes him off to this cartoon land or something. He becomes a cartoon and I...

90s Animation / live action cross-over [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to remember the title of an early 90s US film but as I was young when I saw it I remember very few details. I know that it combined both live action and animation (Roger Rabbit style / space jam style) and I think a man discovers the other cartoon dimension. The only scene I...

80's children's movie-live action/animation [ 3 Answers ]

I swear I remember seeing this movie when I was a kid in the early 80's. The only thing I can remember is that it started as live action and I think it was a boy that somehow went into this box and then it turned into animation. There could have been a girl too. Sorry for not many details!

Old live action dr. Seuss movie name? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok A while back I saw a old dr. seuss movie that was live action and made while he was still alive. It dealt with a bunch of kids at this music place and the bad guy had to get all of them to play on these pianos at once curious if anyone knows the name of it

View more questions Search