Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gallinazo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 09:59 PM
    HYDRA chip, can it.
    ... help overcome the limits of GPUs combination?

Good evening fellas.
    I would like to know if the HYDRA chip, reported to come first included on an upcoming MSI MoBo, can help to overcome the 4 GPUs limitation on both crossfire & SLI ?
    Im interested on this little chip, and the posible chance of going beyond the 4 barrier, not only for the usual graphics display but also GPGPU.

Thanks in advance.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2009, 10:57 PM

Take a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-core
    gallinazo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 11:48 PM
    Thanks for the reply!
    Nice synopsis from wikipedia, better than the one I remember from some time ago.
    However, I couldn't find anything meaningful related to the upscaled communication/cooperation between the graphics cards that theoretically the Hydra chip would bring (anyone interested, give it a check Hydra 100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
    and the possible benefits for demanding parallel processing. It is not only tempting for games, which won't be really my case, Im a casual gamer far faaarrr from hardcore; no, actually Im more interested in the other "graphics" that could benefit from it- 3d/CAD & high resolution video manipulation. Those are really my areas of interest for GPGPU, unfortunately both Nvidia and ATI, to the best of my knowledge are limited on their own "arenas" to a maximum of 4 GPUs, with not so good and quite varying scalability from 2 GPUs up. Now, fastforward to this last weeks, and we get the announce from MSI of a p55 (why not x58?? ) MoBO with the Hydra 100 onboard and more recently ATI showcasing EYEFINITY.
    Those thinks do make me wonder, Will we be finally able to break the 4 GPU barrier??
    :confused:

Thanks in advance people :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need RAV4 chip key [ 15 Answers ]

Just bought a 2008 RAV4 with 9k miles on it from a local Toyota dealer to which the RAV was traded in on a smaller vehicle. Passed my look-see and my mechanics more detailed examination and servicing. Drives and rides well. PROBLEM is, it came with just one key and with my wife and 2 kids...

Small chip in bathtub [ 2 Answers ]

I just put a metallic bathtub in and discovered a small chip in the white coating just beside the strainer flange. I was wondering what would be the best fix for this situation. Should I get a different strainer with a larger flange that might cover it ? Or is there a material I could seal it...

View more questions Search