Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missiathome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Raised bumps (not itchy) on back of hand
    I have a cluster of raised, not round, some in clusters, bumps on the back of my left hand. I have tried to put different cortizone creams as well as triamincilone on the rash daily to no avail. I can't figure out what these bumps are. I will eventually have to go and see a dermatologist but would rather figure it out without the $40 copay. Can someone diagnose this problem?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2009, 11:47 PM

No-one can diagnose the problem over the internet unfortunately.

However, I have the same problem :)

I get these bumps (filled with clear fluid) all over my fingers, and I am currently trying to type with a bandaged hand because of it.

Cortizone creams do work to a degree but you have to be very dilligent with them and I have found that even when they seem to clear the problem up, I just have another flare up a month or so later.

I seem to have the most trouble in the middle of summer and the middle of winter...
    Middle of summer due to the natural heat... middle of winter due to the fact we have the heater running because it's cold outside..

I have just started trying a cream for Eczema.. it contains Clobetasone Butyrate 0.05% and is available over the counter (no doctors app required)
    I have only been using it for 1 day and have seen a small improvement so I will have to keep you posted as to whether it clears it copletely!
    vdeych Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 08:27 AM
    Hello missiathome,

Although it is impossible to be certain, it sounds like a possible fungal infection, possibly tinea (such as athlete's foot). One common manifestation is on two feet and only one hand. This would be my guess because it does not itch (ruling out eczema). However, don't treat this as a diagnosis -- I am not a doctor and you will probably need a biopsy to diagnose this.
    Di Trep Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 05:34 AM
    I had this condition every year from summer for a long time.First prevention:dry your hands with care after washing:between the fingers too. Avoid rough paper towels (take a hand towel with you):pThen non perfumed hand crème But for now put a mix of rubbing alcohol and iodine(half and half I think but I cannot remember for sure)with Q-tip on the bumps after each washing and thorough drying. Yes not a pretty result but it worked for me!This recipe was given by old doctor in the seventies.Hope it does for you too.
    Sunshinesmile Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 09:56 PM
    Hello everyone,
    I too have been plagued for years with bumps and blisters on my hands. Every month I would get cortisone shots to help. I was diagnosed with a LATEX allergy and a Chemical sensitivity from YEARS 17 to be exact of wearing latex gloves in an orthodontic office. NO I never thought it would happen to me. IT DID... Anyway, What I have done to help myself after countless docs just want to pump you with steroids and give you topical steroids. I switched to all certified organic body products, and changed my home chemicals, Laundry and cleaning solutions. Watch out for SLS, (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) Propylene Glycol. Parabens, Ethyl and Methyl. Formaldehydes too. Those are the Main culprits, look them up. Do research people. Be your own best advocate. You know your body best. When I do have flare ups I use Betamethasone Valerate and mix it with a little mineral oil and put that on my hands, it does the trick. Wear vinyl or nitrile gloves when folding Laundry, or cleaning. Watch out when clothes shopping, clothes are treated with formaldehyde chemicals. Go to Eczema.net for some great help and answers. Its free. Blessings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy red raised bumpy skin [ 1 Answers ]

I'm experiencing some severe itching on my left hand, back of neck on right side, left inner elbow, back of both thighs. These are bumps of some kind that start very small like a small mosquito bite and slowly begans to itch. As the itch intensifies, the area swells and gets wider in...

Red raised bumps around my vagina [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently had thrust and used canesten cream on broken skin by mistake and know I have developed red raised lumps were that broken skin was I have touched thm and then other places and they have not spread. It this a permanent side effect or will some one please tell me how to get rid of them...

Dry raised bumps on arms [ 1 Answers ]

I am not a sun worshiper, but I have had to be outside a lot this summer. I have had a couple of odd bumps form on my forearm that weren't there before a couple months ago. They don't have any real color other than skin color, are dry and flaky, and not really uniform in shape. Any idea what...

Itchy bumps [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot see them but I can feel them cause they itch and they are raised like little bug bites. They are on the inside of either of my butt cheeks and have spread from above my anus to down and around each cheek. I shower twice a day because I am athletic but they only seem to get worse. It is...

View more questions Search