Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GM2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Help with obsession with ex!

I am too obessed with my ex boyfriend. We were together for 7.5yrs. He was my first everything. It's a long story but to cut it short my family never approved of him for obvious reasons but I stayed with him knowing he wasn't that good to me. This past spring we decided to move in together and early summer we moved in together but I decided to leave after 2 weeks because I felt like we grew apart and not having my family's support was painful and I couldn't deal so decided to go back home to my parents. It's been about two months since that whole mess happened and I can't stop contacting him. It's like an obsession and its killing me. A part of me feels like I made a mistake by leaving him so I call and beg him to take me back but he rejects me and it hurts really bad. But I keep calling him nonstop. I just want to stop but its so hard, I feel like my life is falling apart. I know the only way I may start feeling better is if I stop contacting him but every day I pick up that phone and call him. He keeps telling him its over and he wants to move on but I don't know why I can't do the same. Help!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 16, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Instead of contacting him, and getting rejected, find something else to do, before he gets sick, and tired, of you bugging him. If you need some professional help, get it ASAP!

There is no shame in needing help, the shame is not getting it. Check out these links,

How to Get over an Obsession - wikiHow

Acceptance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Self Acceptance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About obsession [ 2 Answers ]

Hi "ask me", One of my friends is suffering from a mental trauma. When he is alone,he starts getting the feeling of being contaminated.Till the last year, he was not so particular about his hygiene but during these days he is excessively concerned about that. I think that he still can be cured...

Self-protection to Obsession [ 4 Answers ]

I apologize in advance for the length of this post. I am very confused and wanted to try to be clear about the situation, which due to the length of the relationship had some main points I wanted to clarify. I'm in an 8 yr relationship with someone who does not like to talk about details and...

Relationship obsession [ 1 Answers ]

Well it all started about 5 years ago. I went with this guy who was too old for me and stayed with him for 4 1/2 years. He was very controlling and mentally abusive. I finally had the courage to leave him, but not like the other times before. I left him for my own reasons and not to just be...

Is it an obsession? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I weight 59 kg and I'm about 157 cm tall. Sometimes I really see me fat but sometimes I see me okey.is it my obsession?

View more questions Search