Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 09:55 AM
    Angel Investors
    I've been hearing a fair bit recently about Angel Investors. Has anyone had any experience with one? Are they for real or is it just a money grab having people register?:rolleyes:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2009, 09:59 AM
    It sounds familiar. Where are you being asked to register? I'm pretty good at sniffing out scams.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Canadian Angel Investment Network - Angel Investors and Entrepreneurs
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Ok, here's what I see:
    - the website is built on a stock template, they didn't spend much money there
    - in the About Us section, News Releases there's nothing after 2004
    - in the Contact Us section I was surprised: they are located in the neighborhood where I grew up. It's a small office building in a suburb. They have one office there, that's it.
    - Recent Proposals looks like the service is being used
    - Recent Investors has a big lack of Canadian content
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 11:30 AM
    So, if you were a small business... would you register?

Are you a Canuck? A French Canuck at that??
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Je suis bilingue et oui je suis canadien. I would check my small business centre first for referrals on financing. When it comes to stuff like this you need face to face, too easy to scam someone over the 'net.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 11:57 AM
    That's what I thought too! Thanks for your input.

Do you still live in Quebec?
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2009, 02:49 PM
    Not still in Quebec but I return occasionally to see family and expose my kids to big city and French stuff.
    marktcg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 11:46 AM

Angel investors are for real.They want 35% returns on average.you must have a strtigy to take the out as soon as you can.This is just short term money.
    rehmanvohra Posts: 739, Reputation: 27

Sep 20, 2009, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flossie View Post
    I've been hearing a fair bit recently about Angel Investors. Has anyone had any experience with one? Are they for real or is it just a money grab having people register?:rolleyes:
    This term is used in Venture Capital. Please visit investopedia.com, you will find a good tutorial on the subject

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm looking for angel investors to start a clothing line. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently in the process of creating a name for my clothing line, was hoping to get in touch with Russell Simmons.. regarding this venture. I have limited funds,but have a VISION for this clothing line. My challenge is obtaining funds,investors to believe in this product. As I mentioned, I...

Looking for restaurant investors. [ 1 Answers ]

My partner and I have started a limited-service restaurant and we're currently looking for investors, but it's been hard. I don't want to pay a few grand to go in front of some angel capitalists. Any suggestions?

Investors or Lenders [ 3 Answers ]

Im trying to see what are some lenders that FedEx and UPS uses. Do I have to look into which investment bank the two firms use to issue stock to figure this out? I'm confused...

Investors [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not quite ready to publish my book just yet. Maybe within the next few months. But I've heard a writer should have an investor. I've never heard of that. Then again I don't know how publishing works to be honest. Do I need an investor? And how does publishing normally work? Sheesh, or...

View more questions Search