Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CTsparky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell View Post
    See, there is a difference between the CEC and the NEC, you only said CEC is the same as the NEC but in a different order, not I. I always did know the CEC is a bit more stringent in several aspects, but recently had your opinion to go by.

And notice, I stated "if this installation is in the US."

The norm is regional, plates are not used on the east coast of US, for residential. Large industrial installations use plates due to the size services, high voltages, and soil conditions. Maybe in other areas they are more prevelant.

The NEC addresses several methods of grounding electrodes to cover the wide differences in soil conditions. Chris G has learned that rods are indigninous to his area, has asked about them, and he learned what he needed.

By the way, never mentioned this, but I happen to be a State Certified Licensed Electrical Inspector issued to me by one of the most stringent states in the union, Connecticut.

And what did they test me on for 8 hours? The National Electric Code. They did not just give this to me because of my charisma. Oh, and the two state licenses I was given, just do't understand it,I had to use the NEC.

The "tool" you refer to is the "bible" in the industry in this area of New England. I hear it is used often elsewhere in the world also.

So instead of noting that burying the connection is approved, which they
    are, and simply offer the plates as an alternative, you skirt around that fact and attack the fact that I refer to a legal valid document, and that your way is the only way.

I stand by my advice, that it is correct, is a practical method, is approved by all local inspectors here, that only use the NEC to "think".

Your opinion of DIY'ers is already known, and that even if it something is done correctly, you will fail them, and not without payoff. DIY is here to stay, better to help them with the proper, published information, and not just opinion.
    Your right on saying CT is very strict, I have been in the field here for about 8 years, and I don't care what anyone says, CT and MA are the to most stringent states for getting certerfied as a E-2 or as a E-1 master.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 05:32 AM
    Thanks for digging this clown up again.

Please refrain from answering questions older than a few months.

This thread is closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

200 amp service with a 200 amp outdoor breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to wire a 200 amp outdoor breaker enclosure.I have 4/0 scu cable for my service head to the meter,and 4/0 scu from meter to breaker enclosure.Then from the breaker enclosure I have 4/0 ser cable to my panel.What is the proper wiring method in the enclosure,please help.

200 amp service cable [ 1 Answers ]

Good moring everyone! Quick question, I'm still in the process of upgrading to 200 amp service. I've purchaced a panel box and the guy I bought it off said he'll give me the service cable with it. The question I'm trying to find out is, the size wire he is giving me going to work 2/0, 4/0, 6/0...

200 amp service [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 200 amp,underground residentual service. My ungrounded service leads will be - wire size 4/0. My question is, can I use a smaller size wire for my grounded netural?

200 amp service questions [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Utah and have a couple of questions. I have a 150 amp underground service and the circuit box is full even with double breakers. I am adding onto my house, needing to move the 150 amp service and will increase it to a 200 amp service. The power company is OK with this work as moving...

200 Amp Outside Service Disconnect [ 5 Answers ]

I NEED TO KNOW IF A "200 AMP OUTSIDE SERVICE DISCONNECT" IS THE SAME THING AS A "200 AMP OUTSIDE MAIN BREAKER OR LOAD CENTER"? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! HOME DEPOT WAS USELESS.:confused:

View more questions Search