Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caliladi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Lump on leg
    My father has this large lump on his leg on his right shin, just below his knee. @ months ago it was the size of a nickel. It has grown quite big, and is very hard. He is a smoker, and has had phlebitis. Has anyone had something similar to this or is there a doctor out there that has seen this. His doctor is through Kaiser and it takes forever to get in.. .
    Thanks.
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Nov 1, 2006, 06:15 AM
    This could be something as benign as a cyst or as serious as cancer - there's no way to diagnosis it online. He needs to see a doctor as soon as possible. If you have difficulties getting an appointment with your regular doctor, going to the ER may get you into the system sooner.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Yes please go to a doctor and do further tests. Never delay anything when it comes to lumps that are noticeable.
    caliladi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 07:40 AM
    [QUOTE=jgj6331]This could be something as benign as a cyst or as serious as cancer - there's no way to diagnosis it online. He needs to see a doctor as soon as possible. If you have difficulties getting an appointment with your regular doctor, going to the ER may get you into the system sooner.[/QUOT

Thank you - My father called his doctor yesterday, and he finally has an appointment Next week. I appreciate your response, as we feel that the lump needs immediate attention also.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2006, 07:42 AM
    Good Luck and keep us posted :)
    MIMI1982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 12:30 AM
    I 2 Have A Lump On My Leg,its On My Right Shin,it Has Trebld In Size In 2 Weeks,I'm A 24yr Old Female Non Smoker And Am Seeing A Doc today But Its Taken Me A Wk 2 Get An Appointment!
    kashumz Posts: 137, Reputation: 4

Dec 16, 2006, 02:44 PM
    My brother had a lump on his leg, but he didn't tell anyone for about a year. Then one day
    His whole leg had swollen, and my dad finally found out. But when he did the lump had gone cancerous 2 weeks before. It was too late and now my brother has only 1 leg.
    topock_kimmy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Hi, My son is 6 months old and I just noticed that he has a lump on his upper right thigh and I was just wondering if you found out what caused you fathers.
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Feb 18, 2007, 09:35 PM
    Kimmy,

It is very unlikely that you could ever determine what is going on with your 6 month old son by asking about and comparing to an adult such as Caliladi's father. Any lump or bump in an infant can be extremely serious business including cancer and should be evaluated by a doctor as soon as possible. Don't wait to find out the answer to your question above and hope to find out anything of benefit. Please have your child evaluated TODAY!!!
    Charlieinnes8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Its Weird For Me :P Im 12 Years Old And I have a Lump On My Leg Just the size of a small nut :confused: But I Can Move It :eek:
    Help... :(
    amberlin69 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MIMI1982 View Post
    I 2 Have A Lump On My Leg,its On My Right Shin,it Has Trebld In Size In 2 Weeks,im A 24yr Old Female Non Smoker And Am Seeing A Doc 2day But Its Taken Me A Wk 2 Get An Appointment!
    Ok so I am 18 years old. I have a lump on my leg on my shin about 3 and half inches from my ancle. Its hard like, really hard. Feels like a bead. I just noticed it yesterday. And it doesn't hurt yet. Its small too. Im not sure if I should have it cheacked out I mean I am only 18. I do smoke though... alot.
    kimjustine12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2010, 03:45 PM
    Hi I also have this little lump its not really noticeable but you can feel it , and it's the size of about of a quarter o.o I'm not sure how I got it . Its either the pencil hidden under my blanket o.o was causing pressure and its like that but either wise no idea please help me I'm scared what if its cancerous?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fractured leg? [ 7 Answers ]

If you have a fracture in your lower leg would you still be able to walk on your leg?

Leg hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 17 and I have a quite a lot of leg hair. Most all of my friends do not have near this much. It bothers me cause I have quite a bit on my upper legs and thighs too. I think that it is unattractive and does not look good. I don't want to shave my legs because that is not the look I was going...

Leg hair [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I am 19 years old, a freshman in college and still cannot grow leg hair. I am already shaving and still have white stubbles for leg hair. Is there a reason for this, because it is really annoying. Thanks in advance.

Do I have a leg to stand on? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex sis-in law offered to sell me her mobile home because they were going to consolidate bills into a new home loan and purchase another home. But the "contractor" she was dealing with ended up being a scam artist, and they didn't get it, he was arrested, etc. Now, before this was discovered, we...

Lump On Leg [ 4 Answers ]

I have a lump on my left leg. I don't have one on my right. The lump is hard. It is above my knee. I t is NOT painful at all. It is about 1 1/2 wide and 1 1/2 long. What should I do or should I be consernd? :confused:

View more questions Search