Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kriso27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 10:30 PM
    Almost 16 thinking of moving out
    Ok my story is long but here are the basics. I am Bulgarian lived in Canada for 5 years with my mom we have moved a lot. A year ago we moved to Edmonton AB and there I met a lot of people that are important to me I ended up falling in love with a girl now me and here where together for 4 months which is not a long time but leaving with out my mom most my life the love she gave the love that I never had so it really meant a lot to me. My mom having a relationship on her own with a women from Niagara Falls Ont. Made us move back so they can be together now I still have those friends that are friends I can count on my mom does not spend any time with me or cares about me or my education. She spends most her time with her women who by the way is married. Now I live in a city where I'm not happy and I can't say that there is anything that it can offering seeing that its smaller and the people are really different. Knowing that, the offer came from a friend of mine that is also having problems with his parents, that me him and another friend can rent a place and live there together in a way it does sound childish and silly but I think it's the only thing that can make me happy. I would really value your opinion on it.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 10:56 PM

Legally, until you are 18 you are not an adult in the eyes of the law.
    You would be a runaway,and if you drop out of school you would also be a truant.

If you got in any trouble or incurred any debt your Mother would be liable,which tells me she would report you as a runaway.

In the States that could get you a stint in a juvenile detention hall.

If you are thinking of emancipation,you must prove to the judge that you are employed and can support yourself and that you will continue your education.

Judges rarely emancipate.

Chances are no one will be willing to rent to someone who is not of legal age to enter into a contract and you also need money to live on and you can not enroll yourself in school.You need a guardian for that.

Are you willing to give up your education and eating and having
    Any money for anything?

I think your best bet is to tell your Mother how you feel,just as you have here and help her to understand that she is making you unhappy with the way she is treating you.

The options you have open to you are not good ones and you would be going from bad to worse.

Please rethink this plan as it is full of wishful thinking and very little reality.Also the consequences are simply not worth it.You do not need a juvenile record.

You are not the first teen to feel like life would be better without a parent to get in your way and you won't be the last but your plan is just not doable in reality.

Talk to your Mom and tell her how desperate you feel.

Good luck!
    sata774 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 01:10 AM
    When I was 16 I wanted to run away. But I am a logical person and didn't. Now the people I wanted to leave are paying for my education. Now when I leave I'm simply moving on with my life and not running away. No matter your age you should never run away from your problems. You need to communicate your feelings with your mom. Even if you have to leave a note on her bathroom mirror, tell her how you feel. Think about it, you're not even old enough to get a job that would pay for food on a daily baises. You don't want to go from one bad situation to another.
    CanadianCrook Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Sep 19, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriso27 View Post
    Ok my story is long but here are the basics. I am Bulgarian lived in Canada for 5 years with my mom we have moved a lot. A year ago we moved to Edmonton AB and there i met a lot of people that are important to me i ended up falling in love with a girl now me and here where together for 4 months which is not a long time but leaving with out my mom most my life the love she gave the love that i never had so it really ment a lot to me. My mom having a relationship on her own with a women from Niagara Falls Ont. Made us move back so they can be together now i still have those friends that are friends i can count on my mom does not spend any time with me or cares about me or my education. She spends most her time with her women who by the way is married. Now i live in a city where im not happy and i can't say that there is anything that it can offering seeing that its smaller and the people are really different. Knowing that, the offer came from a friend of mine that is also having problems with his parents, that me him and another friend can rent a place and live there together in a way it does sound childish and silly but i think its the only thing that can make me happy. I would really value ur opinion on it.
    When you turn 16, you are by law allowed to move out and pretty much do whatever you want (to an extent). However.. why would you throw away free board, free food, free water etc.. You do realize the world isn't going to baby you like your mother does. I would really appose to doing this, the world isn't nice. I know at your age, you think you are mature and can handle real life scenario's. But trust me.. when you have to pay for this and that and you only make a buck over student wage.. you are going to see how unheavenly the real world is.

Don't cause your mother heart-ache, you are only 16.. enjoy the few more years you have until you become an adult.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCrook View Post
    When you turn 16, you are by law allowed to move out and pretty much do whatever you want (to an extent). However.. why would you throw away free board, free food, free water etc..? You do realize the world isn't going to baby you like your mother does. I would really appose to doing this, the world isn't nice. I know at your age, you think you are mature and can handle real life scenario's. But trust me.. when you have to pay for this and that and you only make a buck over student wage.. you are going to see how unheavenly the real world is.

Don't cause your mother heart-ache, you are only 16.. enjoy the few more years you have until you become an adult.
    I know I was incorrect,thanks for pointing that out by the way but a Reddie ?
    Could you not have just made a comment and let me know that way?
    I don't do reddie's and I'm not a big fan of people that choose that route.
    I know I was wrong but I just don't get it! Any reason why you didn't take the kinder route?

Sep 19, 2009, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I know I was wrong but I just don't get it! Any reason why you didn't take the kinder route?
    I didn't realize it mattered that much? Plus someone did a "balancer" not sure why.. you don't give reputation for social status.. you give it on correct, well informed posts or not correct posts. And unfortunately what you posted was not correct information.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 09:15 PM
    I didn't realize it mattered that much? Plus someone did a "balancer" not sure why.. you don't give reputation for social status.. you give it on correct, well informed posts or not correct posts. And unfortunately what you posted was not correct information.
    It is just considered a courtesy among everyone here.

Sep 19, 2009, 09:35 PM
    It is just considered a courtesy among everyone here.
    I see.

I don't see a point in doing so however, I am not emotionally attached to the internet but as most of you guys have accumulated high post counts I can see that you lads and ladies have devoted part of your lives to help others here.

So koodo's to you.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 09:38 PM
    I see.

I don't see a point in doing so however, I am not emotionally attached to the internet but as most of you guys have accumulated high post counts I can see that you lads and ladies have devoted part of your lives to help others here.

So koodo's to you.
    Thanks,we do our best and it's a thankless job at times but when there are success stories it is priceless !
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 09:43 PM
    you gave me a reddie once. =P (No hard feelings, but it does make my string of green look dirty, LOL) It was because this one girl had symptoms that sounded like pregnancy and I said "could be" not "you are" Haha and then Alty said the same thing that I did. Meanie! Haha
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    you gave me a reddie once. =P (No hard feelings, but it does make my string of green look dirty, LOL) It was because this one girl had symptoms that sounded like pregnancy and I said "could be" not "you are" Haha and then Alty said the same thing that I did. Meanie! Haha
    I'm such a bitc& ,sorry .
    I said I rarely give reddies.I must have been having a day,sorry hon,give me the link and I will amend my reddie. ;)
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 10:30 PM
    I'm such a bitc& ,sorry .
    I said I rarely give reddies.I must have been having a day,sorry hon,give me the link and I will amend my reddie. ;)

I didn't know you could do that.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...ml#post1954153

Here you are jerklady. =P
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The girl that I like is thinking of moving in with her ex. [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone believe in signs? Either a show comes on with the similar situation that you are in, fortune cookie, something that keeps reminding you about a certain person etc... do you think you should act on the signs or follow what your heart feels? Thanks pheniox01

Thinking of moving from St paul to san diego [ 1 Answers ]

I'm thinking it might be best to fly there and ship my stuff to myself. I wouldn't be taking much. I'd be leaving all furniture excenpt maybe an end table or something. I'd buy a bed and couch when I get there. Does anyone know the best cheap way to pull this off? I'd just be shipping some...

View more questions Search