Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gg_fan22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 05:49 PM
    How do I get custody of my nieces
    Hello my name is Becky, I live in Wisconsin.

My foster sister has 3 kids (5,7,8) and is not providing a stable home and they have seen more than they should.
    She is divorced. The father wants nothing to do with the kids; he abandoned them in the middle of the night while they were still married, started living with different women, and even made them watch him have sex with his "girl friend".
    He tried this a 2nd time but, then the mom caught him, they fought and he beat her into the floor in front of them.
    They have angerment issues and the mom is not correcting them. She gives them whatever they want and they do whatever they want.
    They have moved 6 times in the past couple of years, and have been put out of 5 different places including family member households because they steal from them and act destructive, she's not correcting the problem.
    I don't even know if they attend school.
    The mother doesn't want to accept any help and, what help she does accept she takes advantage of them people and steals from them.
    She can barely hold down a job because, every time she gets one, she keeps it for awhile then, she gets sick of it, she quits and will make up exuses like "a co-worker drives me nuts, or I can't stand the boss so I'm not working there".

Her kids are growing up with no respect for authority or family; they even pushed their Grandmother with a broken back, the Grandmother was going to spank the one who did it, she ran to her mom crying saying how Grandma was going to hit her and the mother stood up in defense of the daughter.
    She's not doing anything to straighten them out and I believe that if someone doesn't straighten them out soon they'll be in jail by the time they're 16.
    If they can act like this at such a young age what will they be like when they're teenagers?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 15, 2009, 05:56 PM

As an aunt you have no legal standing at this time. The only way would be for the mother to relinquish her rights to you and you adopt. The father would also have to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my nieces! [ 2 Answers ]

My sisters in-law has 3 daughters who are 3, 2, and 1 years old. Their father is not in the picture and cannot has custody due to his backround. She does not take care of her kids, and by this I mean she gets drunk all the time, hits them for no reason, takes all sorts of pills and says she's...

Adopting nieces and nephews [ 3 Answers ]

I live in New Jersey. I have physical costody of my neices and nephews. They are living with me for the passed three years I am becoming greatly concerned as these kids are getting older and neither parents are physically able to maintain them. The father is willing to give up his rights so that I...

Adopting my nieces and nephews [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my questions is how do you you even begin the adoption process? I don't know where to start. I have a sister who is so far gone into drugs, that she gave me her kids 4 years ago. Two nieces, ages 11 and 15, two nephews, ages 6 and 8. They have been living with me and my two daughters and...

Wanting custody of my nieces [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about getting custody o my nieces,one is 3 and she has been living with me and my husband for 2 yrs and 9 months appox. And the othe is 5 months old and has been living here for three months. The mother I now pregnant with another child. She was in juvenile when she had the three year...

View more questions Search